Samsung Galaxy Note 4 third party messenger apps

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: third party messenger apps

From personal experience, yes. When sending an MMS through the stock messaging app it took longer than when I send them through Whatsapp. So much so that I've resorted to sending all MMS through Whatsapp.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Not in my experience. Google Messenger and Textra have been no faster than the Samsung Messenger. Possibly with other apps, but they're all dependent on the carrier network for speed, so it would surprise me if one app was significantly faster than another from that standpoint.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Not in my experience. Google Messenger and Textra have been no faster than the Samsung Messenger. Possibly with other apps, but they're all dependent on the carrier network for speed, so it would surprise me if one app was significantly faster than another from that standpoint.

I thought the same thing but my wife had an iPhone 4s prior to the N4. She said sending an mms took a fraction of the time on her old iPhone. Does it have something to do with imessage? It takes roughly 30 sec to send a screen shot through with 4g with N4 bur approximately 5 with the iPhone 4s with 3g. It never goes through via WiFi but never had at least not with vzw.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I thought the same thing but my wife had an iPhone 4s prior to the N4. She said sending an mms took a fraction of the time on her old iPhone. Does it have something to do with imessage? It takes roughly 30 sec to send a screen shot through with 4g with N4 bur approximately 5 with the iPhone 4s with 3g. It never goes through via WiFi but never had at least not with vzw.

Yes, there is definitely a difference with imessage. That is a completely different system.

Android uses the carrier network for all of the delivery.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I don't find Evolve SMS to be faster than the stock messenger app. I simply find it easier and faster to use to prepare a message and attachment. In addition it has many UI theme, and icon choices.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Don't forget too that when sending MMS, the phone squeezes it down. Most carriers only allow 1 or 2mb to be sent as MMS, pics or vids. When using an iPhone, the pics are at 8MP so it's not much for the phone to squeeze down when compared to the N4's 16 MP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87