Note 4 Mushy/Soft Power Button?

Huggie

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with a mushy or soft power button? My volume buttons have a very discernible stiffness and clicky-ness to it. My power button has a definite clickyness, but not really as stiff. Takes very little pressure to push the button.

I think I may be over-analyzing the issue. I did go into Best Buy to test other models and they all seemed to have a less stiff power button in comparison to the volume button. I just don't want it to be an issue later down the line.

Any thoughts?

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My power button takes just as much force and makes the same click as the volume buttons do.

Posted via the Android Central App

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with a mushy or soft power button? My volume buttons have a very discernible stiffness and clicky-ness to it. My power button has a definite clickyness, but not really as stiff. Takes very little pressure to push the button.

I think I may be over-analyzing the issue. I did go into Best Buy to test other models and they all seemed to have a less stiff power button in comparison to the volume button. I just don't want it to be an issue later down the line.

Any thoughts?

You need to do like the guy in this thread. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=464753
Good luck!

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it in a case or naked?

Both. I first noticed it while it was naked. I had a note 3 and "mushy" buttons was a gripe I had. The note 4, however, is the exact opposite. Nice audible click that's very tactile with every press, naked or in a case. You may have an issue. My friend's N4 is identical to mine in this regard.

Posted via the Android Central App

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not experiencing what you're describing. All of my buttons feel uniform in firmness/clickyness

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

thecrew3003

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I searched the forums, I did not find an answer to my question, and this looked to be the most appropriate thread for my post...

I've had my Note 4 since Day1, and I only use a case when I break my routine, i.e when I go on vacation or do something I don't normally do... needless to say, i don't drop my phone very frequently, and I cant remember the last time i dropped it. its only got 1 minor nick on 1 back corner, and i dont even think that could be positively correlated with a drop seeing as how soft and prone to scratches the bezel is on the N4.

Just today the volume buttons, both of them, went mushy on me. its like they are stuck pushed in, so they will not click. however, they still "work"... as in, I can change the volume up and down, however, they are not very responsive, and sometimes bounce back and forth/vol up and vol down when I am only pushing one direction.

anyone else experience this? anyone fix this issue?

so sad since I have been in love with my Note 4 up until now!

Thanks!

Xelestial

May 28, 2015
Visit site
My first Note 4 was fine besides a camera focus issue ... Until it got run over by a car. Then I got a replacement and the power button was fine, everything was good, and now it's got that mushy feel. I am hoping it just goes away, I just finished setting the phone up how I like it, sigh.

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yea the power button on my replacement note 4 is not as stiff as the volume buttons,they all have same click tho,hopefully this won't be a issue down the road,anyone else want to way in on the subject?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I searched the forums, I did not find an answer to my question, and this looked to be the most appropriate thread for my post...

I've had my Note 4 since Day1, and I only use a case when I break my routine, i.e when I go on vacation or do something I don't normally do... needless to say, i don't drop my phone very frequently, and I cant remember the last time i dropped it. its only got 1 minor nick on 1 back corner, and i dont even think that could be positively correlated with a drop seeing as how soft and prone to scratches the bezel is on the N4.

Just today the volume buttons, both of them, went mushy on me. its like they are stuck pushed in, so they will not click. however, they still "work"... as in, I can change the volume up and down, however, they are not very responsive, and sometimes bounce back and forth/vol up and vol down when I am only pushing one direction.

anyone else experience this? anyone fix this issue?

so sad since I have been in love with my Note 4 up until now!

Thanks!
I had this exact problem and it would come and go. I contacted Verizon and they sent me a replacement. Everything works good again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38