Note 4 I just love it :-)

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: The Logic

I just can't get the logic, did it really then matter if Samsung made the Note 4 with an aluminium frame?

I have always preferred plastic for this. I am going to slip it into a cover of my choice anyway. The metal makes it difficult for them to get the radios to work properly. Unless there is a structural advantage, and I don't think there is, stick with plastic. Then the user can care for it however they wish. Heck, get a metal framed cover if that is what you want.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Personally, I put a case and screen protector on my devices. I don't stay up at night worried about whether my device is metal or plastic, but I do worry about dropping it. I would lose a lot of the enjoyment of owning my device if it's all scuffed up and dinged. That would drive me absolutely crazy. I completely understand however, when people don't use a case. I only get annoyed when they've made that decision and then they bi*** and moan when they drop the thing and it gets scuffed. You have to understand the risk involved.

I don't buy insurance for my phone, so the case and screen protector is my insurance. Some people out there think Insurance is a complete waste of money, but in the rare occassion you need it, no one regrets having it. Kinda like a case.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I've used cases on the Note 2, 3, and 4. However, I find myself taking this phone out the case and going bare more often than any prior iteration - that's because of the build quaitly. It feels solid in my hand, whether I'm using my Spigen Tough Armor case or going bare -the build quality can be felt going naked or protected .

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Fast & Fluid

Can't wait to get mine, it's delivered on Friday - I went for the white option, what about yourself? How you finding the camera compared to the G3?

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Phone design was never really an issue with me. I like plastic bodies because of scratch resistance and more durability. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the N4. But I spend more time looking at the screen not the phone design. This is why I use a case or at least a skin.

Dudefella123

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just Arrived

The battery life is amazing,

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 ™

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415225800809.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415225800809.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 40

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Samsung finally releases an aluminium framed beauty and what do the majority do buy a plastic or rubber case.

OK before you all jump on this yes I get the whole if you drop it you have protection. The operative word IF and If I do then I have enjoyed from this point to that enjoying the efforts in design.

I just can't get the logic, did it really then matter if Samsung made the Note 4 with an aluminium frame?

I didn't by it for the frame. I bought it for its beautiful screen and its screaming fast hardware.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Interesting to read your replies and I'm not contesting any. They are valid and of your opinion.

For me personally that purchases a device in part based on design. it would then on that part be ridiculous to fire it in a case.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Successful Root

So I just couldn't resist rooting as I do any device I get.

This is namely so I can remove apps I don't want & also to have the clock centred (where it should be) & also the circle battery icon with percentage.

I will no doubt be checking out some custom roms but for now I'm happy.

Anyone else that couldn't resist rooting, or like myself is something you do when you get a new device?

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Successful Root

So I just couldn't resist rooting as I do any device I get.

This is namely so I can remove apps I don't want & also to have the clock centred (where it should be) & also the circle battery icon with percentage.

I will no doubt be checking out some custom roms but for now I'm happy.

Anyone else that couldn't resist rooting, or like myself is something you do when you get a new device?

Did your Knox flag trip when you did it? Download the Phone Info app and run it. If it shows 0x1 you've tripped your Knox flag and it can't be reset. You may have invalidated your warranty. I'd be interested to know. Maybe you don't give two *****!

C5p0

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

Can you guide me on how to do it ? I have a note 4 att in white..

I'm familiar with jailbreaking as I did it with all my iPhone ...

What are the difference

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Did your Knox flag trip when you did it? Download the Phone Info app and run it. If it shows 0x1 you've tripped your Knox flag and it can't be reset. You may have invalidated your warranty. I'd be interested to know. Maybe you don't give two *****!

Did you know I have never seen or heard about a warranty denial because the Knox flag was tripped? I belive this is more for IT administrator's to see if your rooted before they put you on the company exchange and VPN servers.

LeoNote4b

Banned
Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

Yes. Please share the beef. How did you do it.

I don't give a fcuk about warranty. I'll delete the knox, whatever that thing is, when I see it.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK so it will be different. My advice is check out xda developers.

The stages will be identical but the file required won't be.

1)Download Samsung Usb drivers

2)Download Odin.

3)Download the correct Chainfire file for your variant.

4)Place Phone in download mode (power off, hold volume down, home and power key, press volume up).

5)Open odin and connect your Note 4.

6)if correctly set you should see in odin it turn blue & ready in the box). Press PDA and select your file & flash.

Note: before all of the above make sure in developer options enable Usb debugging is checked and in security that reactivation lock is unchecked.

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

My note has been fast and lag free since the day I got it. I see all these people hardware and software issues but fortunately my phone has been running perfectly since day one

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait to get mine, it's delivered on Friday - I went for the white option, what about yourself? How you finding the camera compared to the G3?

Not had a chance to fully test but two quick pics suggest atleast in lowlight the G3 has it. But this is far from conclusive.

The Note 4 overall I'm very impressed with and you'll enjoy yours when it arrives today :)

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Not had a chance to fully test but two quick pics suggest atleast in lowlight the G3 has it. But this is far from conclusive.

The Note 4 overall I'm very impressed with and you'll enjoy yours when it arrives today :)

Just been told that it's arrived at my house - just need to get my work out the way with then fly home to get it. I wonder if pretending to be sick is a bit much lol?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Just been told that it's arrived at my house - just need to get my work out the way with then fly home to get it. I wonder if pretending to be sick is a bit much lol?

Haha that will be irritating you all day now, bet the other half doesn't get a hello hunni I'm home but rather where is my Note 4 lol