Note 4 I just love it :-)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Here is a link to the official Samsung UK web site that clearly states the Black & White is Sold out..

Pre-order Galaxy Note 4 (Frost White) - 4G, 16MP, 5.7“ Quad HD, S Pen - Samsung UK

However they are Directing towards EE which states both in stock & pre order hmmm.

Not sure about tomorrow the official release here, but I do gather some at least will receive their new Note 4.

Clove is now pushed back to the 24th and I think that is when masses will then have theirs, but some will be perhaps a bit after that.

Not the best of launches and I can't remember one like this, to my recollection the Note 3 was smoother.

These things do happen though and I'm merely providing an update.

I have my G3 and the Note 4 is a curiosity purchase rather than needed so I can wait.

But I do feel for those on an upgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 UK in Stock

The following are showing in stock

3 UK

Giffgaff

EE

Checked out 3rd parties such as Buymobiles.net, and still showing pre order.

Clove have it down for the 24th.

So at least there is some stock available on release day.

Enjoy your new Note 4's folks :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 UK in Stock

I noticed it in Carphone Warehouse today as well, nearly £650 unlocked.

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Finally had a look at the Note 4 and must say I prefer the white to the black.

The first impressions was that its certainly another step in the right direction for Samsung. Yes the argument saying it still looks the same. Well that can be said for example M7-M8. For me there is now more justification in adding it to my collection. The new look and metal band and 2D glass front are very nice indeed.

I liked the Note 3 a lot and only reason I sold it was that I had only owned Samsung's bar the Nexus 5 which I had alongside lol

I now after seeing it and having a quick hands am more than delighted to be returning to the Note.

Compared it with my G3 and I will be honest yes Samsung's display is more visually pleasing in terms of it's in your face. But the G3 has that more balanced softer tones and I like both.

Had a quick look at the Camera and fired of a few shots. Lighting was great so this made for a high quality PIC. However wonder how it is in lowlight (real life hands on?) According to reviews the ois has improved this? As compared to the S5.

Still do NOT like TW that said there is a few nice changes and is Samsung loosening its tight grip? I think they are stubborn but its slowly happening.

Was feeling a bit guilty as I don't really need the Note 4 as I have the Z2 & G3 but guilt left when I seen it lol

Next Friday a week to go :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Good Luck!

For those ordering or thinking about it here in the UK erm Good Luck.

I am now told there is more delays and it will be 2-3wks before delivery.

I ordered on the 29th of September so its only been a month, will be nearer 2 before its delivered.

Anyone had any good news or experiencing the same problems?

barryl85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Good Luck!

I ordered on the 29th of September so its only been a month, will be nearer 2 before its delivered.

Who did you order from?

Mine was from Vodafone, ordered Wednesday last week and received it on Monday. Also one of my work colleagues ordered yesterday from ThreeUK and is coming on Tuesday.

Andrew Read1

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

I brought one off ebay for £520 still sealed in the box a week ago was an EE handset if your feeling inpatient there's plenty more on eBay

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

There are some UK people here with the Note 4 -- so not sure where the delay is coming from that you've heard about ?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Ordered from mobile phones direct, they have the Vodafone in stock but the reception in my area is very poor, so opted for EE who I'm with now.

Can't unfortunately afford to buy it sim free not that rich lol

Carphone warehouse has it still at pre order as does buymobiles.net.

I'm patient as I have the G3 was just curious as to how available it is.

Craig Lawson

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Got my from car phone warehouse day of release. No pre order needed and certainly wouldnt be waiting as long as you have been!!! Unlucky

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Update: ordered elsewhere (Direct Mobiles) and its out for delivery and should arrive on Monday.

Only one sacrifice I had to jump from my preferred white to black.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Just Arrived

So finally after a lengthy wait my Note 4 has arrived.

Had to make a compromise to get it sooner the black instead of the white.

First observations is I still prefer the white. The black is nice and hides the sensors nicely and the screen when off is not distinguishable.

The in hand feel is more premium than that of earlier notes and Samsung is moving in the right direction.

I have noticed coments on the build and that the aluminum is cheap and tacky. it scuffs and scratches very easily. I will have to reserve judgement on that one as it's less than 10hrs old.

I haven't charged it yet and have over 2hrs screen on with the battery at 55% upon its placement in the phone. I am now at 20%. Included in this was a software update and installing my apps & setting it up. Bit of Facebook, texting and reading a few articles.

The finger print reader seems fine and has worked everytime thus far but I will again reserve judgement until I have used for a bit.

Initially I'm impressed and like the Note 4 as I did the Note 3.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just Arrived

Congrats! Spend time with your settings to get everything right, and you'll be on your way to great battery life in no time. I did the same thing you did the first day, it drained a lot of juice getting updated and tweaked. After that, its been unbelievable with battery performance.

I don't think you compromised with the black one, either.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Congrats! Spend time with your settings to get everything right, and you'll be on your way to great battery life in no time. I did the same thing you did the first day, it drained a lot of juice getting updated and tweaked. After that, its been unbelievable with battery performance.

I don't think you compromised with the black one, either.

Thanks it took a while and my patience wasn't holding for the white lol

But I have no issue's with the black variant. It's stunning from all angles and really like the chamfered edges.

Battery I have been quite impressed with over 2hrs screen on and I have been doing as for mentioned lol I was expecting it to drain quickly after all that I have been doing and it being the first not even cycle as yet I haven't touched the charger. Got the phone around 2pm and now it's 10pm.

I'm impressed and liking it a lot thus far :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Let us know what you think :).

I will give first impressions as to early for a review lol

I did have a look in store prior to the arrival of my device. This was the white variant and its sleek i likes the white a lot.

I wanted to try a different colour (yes correct spelling lol) but I am in no way dissapointed with the black it's nice and in some ways better than the white.

Hard to get a proper feel when the security attachment is on the store device, but I'm sure the back on the white is not as soft in texture?

Anyway my first impressions are good, I moved away from Samsung as I wanted to experience other brands the Nexus 5, Z2 & the G3. Having owned the Note 2 & 3 I just couldn't resist the return to Samsung's flagship.

The build has been improved upon nicely and Samsung finally got there. I like the feel and think this is what the Note 3 ought to have been. But here we have it on the Note 4 with a nice aliminium frame and that soft faux leather back - the stitching = Great.

I held the M8 and I'm not going to jump on it, it's nice and many like that unibody build. For me I like the best of both and this is where the Note 4 sits and nicely.

The screen well being an amoled it pops and I will never dismiss Samsung when it comes to screen technology. It really is great. I still won't discredit LG with the G3 as I like both.

The speed of the Note 4 has been great and I'm not seeing any lag and yes I have tried with the recents menu and all is fine. Will report should I find any lag.

Still don't like TW but in the Note 4 it has been tamed very slightly but it has. With my go to launcher Apex it's not really an issue, should it become one then roms will be flashed.

Haven't tested the camera yet but will do in due course.

Overall I'm happy with my decision to purchase the Note 4 and knew I would be as I really liked the Note 2 & 3. The Note 4 does not dissapoint and I'm sure I'll have as much fun with this as I did the previous notes.

Still a bit of investigating to do so I'm off to explore lol

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Is the software and general operation as smooth as the note 3 was?

I'm only the matter of hours into the Note 4.

But it's smooth and haven't came across any lag or stutters.

And Multi tasking is this things super power.

Apple tried well hmm kind of with the double tap the home to minamise for a short period of time.

It was a half hearted attempt and nothing to date has came close to the Note 4's abilities in this area.