FINALLY!!

NewYorkChic

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my note 4 and I have to say I am very pleased.. I was torned between the edge and the note 4 the only reason I didn't choose the edge is because the slant on the phone made it a little difficult to hold and function with my right hand.. But I'm just happy not to be using the note 2 any longer

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy its a stunning phone. Edge is nice in theory but I think it's more of something you want to show off

Actually, the Edge panel is quite functional. It allows the user that likes a nice clean home screen to place their frequently used and favorite apps (including folders) on the panel for easy access and quick multitasking.

Because Samsung gave the Edge the same high end specs and features as the Note 4 the user does not have to compromise anything in either the hardware or software.

I own both the Note 4 and Note Edge. I bought the 4 because I didn't think the Edge was coming to the states. I was pleased when I learned the Edge was going to be available on all the carriers so when it launched on Sprint I immediately purchased one.

I monitor both forums since I have both phones, but for the past two weeks my daily driver has been the Edge paired with my Gear S.

Posted via the Android Central App

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity is there a way to lock out the Edge side panel so you don't accidentally activate apps on it when holding the phone?

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Das do you have that reply in a note document so you can copy and paste it in every thread where someone says they prefer the note 4 to the edge? I've seen you post same reply like 3 or 4 times already lol.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Das do you have that reply in a note document so you can copy and paste it in every thread where someone says they prefer the note 4 to the edge? I've seen you post same reply like 3 or 4 times already lol.

Lol. The short answer to your question is no.

I never write the same thing so you didn't see the same post anywhere else, but it is true that when comparing the two devices the Note Edge is my preferred device.

I have owned every Note phone and the Note 4 is a remarkable device. After all, I own one.

So when I give my thoughts I am able to do so from an informed perspective.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity is there a way to lock out the Edge side panel so you don't accidentally activate apps on it when holding the phone?

You won't activate the apps on the panel because the touch technology is very well executed. You'll discover that launching apps accidentally is the least of problems for those using the Note Edge.

I don't wish to highjack this thread, and the excitement the OP has for the Note 4. Therefore if you have any questions about the Edge I would invite you to read through some of the post on the Note Edge forum.

I have both phones that's why I jump into this forum to read the thoughts, comments, and experiences of others.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the Edge panel is quite functional. It allows the user that likes a nice clean home screen to place their frequently used and favorite apps (including folders) on the panel for easy access and quick multitasking.

Because Samsung gave the Edge the same high end specs and features as the Note 4 the user does not have to compromise anything in either the hardware or software.

I own both the Note 4 and Note Edge. I bought the 4 because I didn't think the Edge was coming to the states. I was pleased when I learned the Edge was going to be available on all the carriers so when it launched on Sprint I immediately purchased one.

I monitor both forums since I have both phones, but for the past two weeks my daily driver has been the Edge paired with my Gear S.

Do you use both then? To be honest the edge is a nice idea but it's something I need to see in person to see if it's something worth getting

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you use both then? To be honest the edge is a nice idea but it's something I need to see in person to see if it's something worth getting

I do not use the Note 4 right now because the convenience of moving between apps on the Note Edge is too great.

However, I don't use cases, nor do I carry insurance, so I keep the Note 4 as my back up device in the event something happens to the Edge.