Note 4 incompatible with docking apps?

ron2112

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
When I dock my Note 4, I get a notification saying dock is connected, but no app launches. I've gone to Settings > Accessory and the only options there are to make a sound when it docks, and what type of audio to output. I want to launch Car Home Ultra when I dock the phone, but I see no way to do that. Even manually launching Car Mode brings up that awful Samsung thing, with no option to do otherwise. There is no option to clear defaults on the Car Mode app. Am I screwed here?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes...and no. From stock options, you cannot launch an app when in docked and you cannot change the 'car mode' app (unless the 3rd party app you're using properly registers itself as a Car Mode replacement).

However, you can use automation apps like Tasker to do that. Whenever your phone is docked, Tasker can launch the app of your choosing automatically.

ron2112

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed the comments to that effect. I've been a software developer for about twenty years so I'm hoping that experience might be applicable.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh! Then yeah, it'll be a looooot easier for you to get how it works. Hehe. It's basically IFTTT (If This Then That) on steroids.

ron2112

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Car Home Ultra is not an option in the Daydream section.

However, Tasker works PERFECTLY! And I'm not having a problem with the learning curve, though I can see how it may not be suitable for the casual user.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38