I was letting everyone know on my contacts list that I had changed my number. However I made the really silly mistake of having it set to group conversation instead of the other option. Unfortunately, some of those contacts turned out to be complete strangers. I wanted to remove them from the group message because they were receiving messages sent back to me by my friends (on the group message). However, I couldn't find a way to do that. I sent another message to my friends to remove themselves from the group message afterwards.
    Just to be safe, I deleted all the group messages that I started.
    If I started group messages (text messaging) and deleted them from my list of messages can I completely delete the threads for everyone?

Thank you
    12-16-2014 05:56 PM
    I was letting everyone know on my contacts list that I had changed my number. However I made the really silly mistake of having it set to group conversation instead of the other option. Unfortunately, some of those contacts turned out to be complete strangers. I wanted to remove them from the group message because they were receiving messages sent back to me by my friends (on the group message). However, I couldn't find a way to do that. I sent another message to my friends to remove themselves from the group message afterwards.
    Just to be safe, I deleted all the group messages that I started.
    If I started group messages (text messaging) and deleted them from my list of messages can I completely delete the threads for everyone?

Thank you
    SMS/MMS doesn't work that way. Start a new thread and tell your friends not to reply to the other one. You can't "remove" yourself or anyone from SMS/MMS.
    Rukbat likes this.
    12-16-2014 06:01 PM