I have an AT&T Note 4. Today I needed to print a link sent from a fellow teacher (I'm home on medical leave). I downloaded the HP link, the phone recognized my printer, and I quickly printed the document. Very impressive! Each day I'm finding new ways to use my Note.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2014 07:06 PM
    That's awesome! You're lucky it worked so well. I've yet to be successful... No device I have can find or recognize any of my networks printers..
    12-17-2014 07:51 PM
    That's awesome! You're lucky it worked so well. I've yet to be successful... No device I have can find or recognize any of my networks printers..
    Have you tried the printhand app? NOTE the free app will only let you test your printing environment. I have had exceptional results with printhand on my own home network and clients networks.
    12-17-2014 09:35 PM
    You might also need the Samsung printing plugin. Do you have this installed on your note 4?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    12-17-2014 09:49 PM
    Yea...something's Not right with the setup. I print Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to my $59 HP all the time . You should be able to do this easily.

To the OP... Nice! GLAD you like it.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-17-2014 11:46 PM
    Yeah I bought a cheap hp all in one then installed the hp all in one app can print directly to printer easily also can scan whatever is on the glass to phone as well.. comes in handy

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-18-2014 12:13 AM
    Yea...something's Not right with the setup. I print Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to my $59 HP all the time . You should be able to do this easily.

So far, no luck. It might be easier if we had HP printers I guess.

You might also need the Samsung printing plugin. Do you have this installed on your note 4? http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...1634a781ad.jpg

I've tried the plug-in, still can't find either of our Brother laser printers.
    12-18-2014 10:35 AM
    So far, no luck. It might be easier if we had HP printers I guess.

I've tried the plug-in, still can't find either of our Brother laser printers.
    Did you try using the brother app. Brother has it own dedicated app in the play store. Try that and let us know the outcome.

MightyMike likes this.
    12-18-2014 11:02 AM
    The app Printer Share works great. I've got an older brother wifi printer, and can print from all of our Android devices

Posted via Android Central App
    12-18-2014 01:55 PM
    Wow, just hooked up a HP printer and went to a pic I wanted printed out and my Note 4 found my printer in about one second and bam printed out. Never thought it would be that easy!!!!
    12-18-2014 03:04 PM
    i just tried the samsung print app with my old HP 7410 OfficeJet and lo and behold it worked. shockeroo.
    12-18-2014 05:19 PM
    I use the Brother app. Works every time
    12-18-2014 05:50 PM

Have you set your WiFi network to be "visible" to other devices?
    12-18-2014 06:08 PM
    The app PrinterShare has always worked well for me on Androids. The pay version is cheap and they support lots of printers. Just needs a wifi connection.
    12-18-2014 10:00 PM
    Have you set your WiFi network to be "visible" to other devices?
    No. I did nothing to the network. I bought the printer because it was cheaper than the 2 cartridges I went to get. I downloaded the "Eprinthp" app, did the search to pull up 2450 and gallery and print. That easy. Took longer to get the printer out of the box then it did to setup the eprint app.

Excuse me...that's "HPEprint" app.

12-18-2014 11:46 PM
    Did you try using the brother app. Brother has it own dedicated app in the play store. Try that and let us know the outcome.

Yes, I've already tried that as well.
    12-19-2014 02:36 PM
    Yes, I've already tried that as well.
    Well...next time you need 30 dollars worth of ink cartridges just put another 20 with other and get a new printer. Hmmm...

12-19-2014 04:13 PM
    U don't much ink in the cartridges that come with new printers
    12-20-2014 01:22 AM
    Well...next time you need 30 dollars worth of ink cartridges just put another 20 with other and get a new printer. Hmmm...

Thanks but no... I enjoy finally having laser printers that are reliable. We'll never go back to ink jet. Too costly when you have a business and print 500+ pages a day and HP Ink Jets have never lasted us more than a few months. Printing from my phone isn't nearly as important as being able to print from our computers.
    12-20-2014 02:08 PM
    Thanks but no... I enjoy finally having laser printers that are reliable. We'll never go back to ink jet. Too costly when you have a business and print 500+ pages a day and HP Ink Jets have never lasted us more than a few months. Printing from my phone isn't nearly as important as being able to print from our computers.
    Understood, I hope you keep trying.

I've had issues with an older HP printer in our office, but the other printers work fine with my Note 4.

Over wifi with the Samsung printer app is all I have used.

How old is the WiFi router or access point in your office?
    akutch34 likes this.
    12-20-2014 02:18 PM
    How old is the WiFi router or access point in your office?
    It is a new router, in-home office:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=-To7PgtQ
    12-20-2014 04:22 PM
    That router is about a month old, the previous router was probably.... 1-2 years old.

I probably won't keep trying though, because I don't really have a need to print anything from my phone- I mean, that's why I have a computer after all lol.
    12-20-2014 04:24 PM
    You do need to turn on the Google Cloud Print setting & also your printer setting, they're both off by default. It's worth checking: Settings>Printing & make sure Cloud Print is turned on & any Plug-in you need is turned on as well. I hope you can get this glitch figured out, it really is SUCH a convenience to be able to print right from your phone. Good luck!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    12-20-2014 04:27 PM
    You do need to turn on the Google Cloud Print setting & also your printer setting, they're both off by default. It's worth checking: Settings>Printing & make sure Cloud Print is turned on & any Plug-in you need is turned on as well. I hope you can get this glitch figured out, it really is SUCH a convenience to be able to print right from your phone. Good luck!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    Cloud print isn't an option (from what I've read) because MY Google account would need to be logged into the computer to which the printer is attached. That isn't an option as it is someone else's computer
    12-20-2014 06:05 PM
    but, in all honesty, you guys are all more concerned about it than I am. I can't think of a single thing I do on my phone that requires printing.
    12-20-2014 06:06 PM