nova on note 4

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone now it's been a few months, who is using nova and how is it going ?i never ever thought i'd say this, but i am still using touch whiz and finding it alright

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I paid for Nova on my S5 but find TW okay on the Note 4...waiting to see if there's any lag etc......I May just use it and play with it and switch back and forth a couple of times....it's easy to do.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only time I ever use TouchWiz is if someone asks a question about it and I have to run it to figure out the answer. I use Nova. Have for a long time. Tried Apex and that's pretty nice too, but I'm so familiar with Nova that I kept it as the default.

TW? Can't stand it. (OTOH, my wife won't use anything else. And we were both in the computer field before we retired. Then again, it took 3 years for them to drag me, kicking and screaming all the way, from DOS to Windows. Took a while to drag me from CP/M-86 to DOS, too.)

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
i will get round to using nova, as i have done on every android device i've owned ( been a fair few ) do you notice any of the things you lose by using nova over touch wiz ?

Coolboy32

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Im on nova prime for about a month now. Was using TW on the note 4 since release and i thought it was great, but tried nova just to see what the hype was all about, I never looked back, I even bought the thing. No lag that i can tell, no functions lost, other then s note stand alone short cut you get from TW, but you do have s note widget on Nova, all in all im happy with nova on the note 4, being able to customize home screens, folders, icons, app drawer is worth it.

Just try the free one, give it a try to get the feel of it. You will see that its worth getting over TW, and I do still like TW.

moegumby

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I like the Nova, but I can't do without the option to pin a action note anywhere on the screen. I use that feature way to much to be without it.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I like Nova. Been using it about 2 years, since my Note 3. TW functionality isn't bad imo. I just use Nova for customisation and gestures. TW does have the pin function, but I just minimize a note if I need it. It'll still float on that screen.

SGN4 :-D

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been a nova prime user for years, just not installed it on my note 4 yet, i guess the s note widget works well ?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind stock, if fact my last flagship LG G3 I switched back a few times just to keep it fresh.

I love Nova (Prime).

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Nova backs up the home screens (Still have to download a lot but the layouts are backed up. Touchwiz is ok except for that little lag on home screens poping back on. I just don't care for the flipboard thing. Nove went from my 3 to the 4 with only one problem; rotating to landscape only the middle of the screen rotates sometimes. Probably the wallpaper I have on it.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I love Nova. It's fast and responsive. I used TW for the first few weeks and switched. Except for the ability to pin action memos and a small number of widgets, everything works great with Nova. I think Nova is superior. You can't beat the customization. It rocks. You can really pack stuff into each screen and change the look of everything.

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Was using Nova prime on s5 and note 4, now back to TW, it is fast and plus I am getting incredible great battery life since I deleted nova and teslaunread.
There is a big thread on XDA about battery drain with Nova, I never noticed it as this is the first thing I install.
Tw has come long way so will be using it.

Posted via the Android Central App

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Was using Nova prime on s5 and note 4, now back to TW, it is fast and plus I am getting incredible great battery life since I deleted nova and teslaunread.
There is a big thread on XDA about battery drain with Nova, I never noticed it as this is the first thing I install.
Tw has come long way so will be using it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thank you for pointing this out because my battery life, while still stellar, is not as impressive as those first few weeks. I never thought that Nova and Teslaunread could be the reason.

rob6070

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Touch wiz works better for me than nova. Tried nova prime a few times but always go back to stock note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think about possible faster battery drain. This could be an issue for me. The only way I'll know is to try it out. Thanks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using Nova. I like to use a dense grid and also the backup layout feature of Nova makes it my launcher of choice

Sent from my SM-N900V

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for pointing this out because my battery life, while still stellar, is not as impressive as those first few weeks. I never thought that Nova and Teslaunread could be the reason.

My guess is it's the combo, not nova alone. Many have no battery issues with nova including myself. I do not use teslaunread though as I would think that it's rather obvious that such an application may require wakelocks to keep unread counts updated thereby increasing drain.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
ok guys i have finally got nova set up. the old familiar, just as i remember . really happy with it. hope you have all had a good Christmas :)