Galaxy Note 4: Camera issues?

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
When I first open the camera app it seems like the camera isn't able to focus. It shows the circle liken it focuses and but the image on screen is really blurry. The tap to focus doesn't help. It usually works the second time after I close the camera.
Any thoughts as to why it does this?
Thanks

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's a common issue. I was having the issue as well. A quick shake would fix the issue and cause the camera to focus. I ended returning the phone for a replacement (on the advice of others here that are having the same issue). The replacement focus properly.

from the IV✒

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same thing the first time I started the camera the day I got the phone. I gave it a firm tap and it cleared up and hasn't done it again since.

drichhhh

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Was experiencing this issue too. Shaking it seems to fix it temporarily but leave it alone for a while and it'll stop focusing again.

Nice guys from t-mobile exchanged my phone today. So far, camera is perfect.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Was experiencing this issue too. Shaking it seems to fix it temporarily but leave it alone for a while and it'll stop focusing again.

Nice guys from t-mobile exchanged my phone today. So far, camera is perfect.

Yeahps. It seems like the trick is to discover the issue and have the phone replaced (w/in the 14 day return period, if possible). You know what's funny? If this was an iPhone 6/6+ issue and the public/press got wind of it they'd have a field day me thinks. It'd be CameraGate.

from the IV✒

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeahps. It seems like the trick is to discover the issue and have the phone replaced (w/in the 14 day return period, if possible). You know what's funny? If this was an iPhone 6/6+ issue and the public/press got wind of it they'd have a field day me thinks. It'd be CameraGate.

from the IV✒

That's because Samsung products are thought of as "crap," while Apple products are thought of as flawless. Neither description is justified, but that's why Apple doesn't get a pass; they poke fun at the others, but are hardly perfect themselves.

Posted via the Android Central App