considering the note 4, a couple questions.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Well i seem to have a trend going... I had the original razr maxx, and traded it for the note2... Loved it, and then traded it for the droid maxx.. Loved it too but missed my note so i traded it for the note3. THEN i traded the note3 for the droid turbo the day it came out back in Oct. Its an awesome phone, but now im thinking of the note4 !!
My biggest requirement has always been battery, and each of the above mentioned would get me through a 12 hour shift with moderate use and still have some battery to spare.

I was wondering if the note4 is at least as good as the note3 was. I know they made a small bump in battery size to accommodate the new screen, and i know it has the ultra battery saver and fast charging, but i wanted to know if people are getting through the day on a single charge. I don't mind charging every night, but when I'm out at work i cant always plug in, and don't want to... I've been spoiled lol!

Also, ive always used an otterbox defender on the note phones, but have ran smaller cases on the droids because they are built so sturdy.. Has anyone had any issues with the note4, and has anyone ran it w out a case or a slim case?

Thanks in advance, it seems im in an endless cycle of going back and forth from samsung to Motorola's droid.. I just get to missing the spen and the more business like features of the note line

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Light to medium use with very little camera use, easily get 28 to 36 hrs before down to 20% SOT time around 2 to 3 hrs.

Using the Tech 21 slim case with no screen protection. Due to the radius(bevelled) on the edges the thin screen protection lifts off when fitting into the tech21.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, i have a tech 21 on my turbo and like it. I was going to use the turbo in ballistic nylon naked, but the nylon actually makes it very slippery to me, so i had to get the case. I want to try it if i get the note4, so it wont bulk it up as much as the defender case does.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 4 and my wife has my old Note 3. Most nights I have at least 20% more battery than she does. I would say I use more battery draining apps than she does throughout the day too.

As for cases, when I first got the phone, I didn't want to put it in a case as it looked too good. Recently though I have been using just a standard leather flip case, I have found that when I take the case off of the phone, the phone feels super slippery - that's just because I have gotten used to holding it in a case though. Before putting a case on it, I didn't find it slippery.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I use the Tech21 Tactical on my 4 and I love it, feels great in the hand. I was on my phone constantly yesterday but somehow I still have 39% left...I'm still trying to figure that one out.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Im still trying to decide!! I don't have anything against the droid turbo, and it will go to my daughter if i get the note4. Both phones are outstanding in my opinion, i just start missing the note lol!

I just keep going back and forth between the two!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Im still trying to decide!! I don't have anything against the droid turbo, and it will go to my daughter if i get the note4. Both phones are outstanding in my opinion, i just start missing the note lol!

I just keep going back and forth between the two!

Do you have any S Notes stored in your Samsung account? That was a deciding factor for me. The Note 4 is a great 'Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-1' handset. Having the option to use the S Pen is huge.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Droid Maxx, and the battery is a big deal for me. I have been very happy with the Note 4 battery. The turbo charger works great, and though I don't think I need it, I will probably get a spare battery. I use the S-view wireless charging case, which is very slim and I love it as well.

The screen is unbelievably good. I am much happier with this phone than I expected to be.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4's display is indeed great but honestly I can't really say the difference in quality over the Note 3's jumps out at me. TBH, I still highly recommend the Note 3, especially given the price difference.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4's display is indeed great but honestly I can't really say the difference in quality over the Note 3's jumps out at me. TBH, I still highly recommend the Note 3, especially given the price difference.

Of course you heard the exact same things when the note 3 came out when compared to the note 2. The Note 4 is a definite upgrade, does it blow the note 3 out of the water, of course not. Whether the Note 4 is worth the price to you, well only you know the answer to that.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Of course you heard the exact same things when the note 3 came out when compared to the note 2. The Note 4 is a definite upgrade, does it blow the note 3 out of the water, of course not. Whether the Note 4 is worth the price to you, well only you know the answer to that.

TBH, I'm glad I have both. I can set them up completely different. I can use different launchers and fonts yet always have the S Pen. Sounds weird but I like it.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Well i went and got the note4 today, gave the droid turbo to my daughter.. she is loving the battery.

So far in enjoying the 4, ill soend the next couple days setting ut up and learning the new tricks

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Well i went and got the note4 today, gave the droid turbo to my daughter.. she is loving the battery.

So far in enjoying the 4, ill soend the next couple days setting ut up and learning the new tricks

Glad you got it...its a solid performer. I really am happy with mine. I have the iPhone 6 as well and the Note gets more attention.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Good going ;) it's a great phone, the best available right now!