syncing calendar on note 4 with iCal on my mac

JayElDee

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
When I first got the Note 4 I somehow managed to do this--about 2 months ago, but now it eludes me. It could be because the Calendar on the phone was a clean slate???
On my desktop, Mavericks, latest; using Kies, latest, but when I choose "sync schedules with iCal," I get a bar progressing at the bottom of the window showing that sync is progressing and completing, but syncing does not occur. What seems to be happening is entries on my phone go to my iCal, but not vice versa.
Is there a switch somewhere that tells the Kies's syncing process whether to go ONLY from phone to desktop, or ONLY from desktop to phone--and in neither choice would previous entries be deleted without permission, and a third process that would truly synchronize so that BOTH phone and desktop maintain the exact same calendar? It would also be nice if similar entries would not be duplicated. Is this the Holy Grail of calendar syncing or does it even exist?
Any help appreciated and tia
John

Linda Bailey3

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. If I enter an event on my MacBook Pro iCal, the event will also appear on my Galaxy Note 4. But if I enter it on my Galaxy Note 4 it does not sync to my MacBook Pro. This is very frustrating. Can anyone tell me what to do? I set it up as per these instructions:

To sync your Android/Google calendar with iCal, open the iCal app on your Mac and navigate to iCal > Preferences > Accounts. Click the plus (+) symbol in the lower left corner to add a calendar to iCal. Leave ‘Account Type’ set to Automatic, fill in your Gmail address and password, and click Create.

If you have multiple Google calendars associated with your account, you can choose which ones to show in iCal by clicking Delegation (iCal > Preferences > Accounts), and checking (or unchecking) the appropriate boxes.

I did this, but when I tell my phone to sync, none of the events entered on the phone show up on my iCal.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty