Good bye HALO!

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So I finally did it, got rid of that darn halo.

Two issues I wanted to take care of with my Note 4. One was the darn halo. The other was if I used a screen protector with my Otterbox Defender it pushed on the protector and made a big bubble. So I got a Supersheildz and the otter box fit great. A crack formed in the screen protector and Supershieldz sent another. This time I installed it then put some UV-OCA areound the edge to fill the halo. Cured it with some UV lights and the halo is very near completely gone. Even the tiny bubbles seem to be fading away. I think it looks great, very happy with the results.

First full sized screen protector had a full 1/8 inch halo---BAD.
IMG_0409[1].jpg

The Supershieldz cut that down to about 3/64 of an inch-- Still not so good.
IMG_0422[1].jpg

Bring in the Optically Clear Adhesive from Amazon-$5.00
IMG_0424[1].jpg

Add some Ultraviolet Light.
IMG_0427[1].jpg

Check it under a stereo microscope. Only tiny bubbles left and they are disappearing. WooHoo!
IMG_0440[1].jpg

She does look pretty good now and the Otterbox fits great!
IMG_0447[1].jpg

This is not for the faint of heart but the results are spectacular.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Glad you're happy. I have a screen protector on my Note 3 and it's in a Defender. Must be some differences between models. (I do have 3 "dust bubbles" [bubbles formed by tiny grains of dust I missed] in the screen protector, but they were there before I got the Defender. Cheap protector too - i-Blason 3/$5 stuff.)

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Glad you're happy. I have a screen protector on my Note 3 and it's in a Defender. Must be some differences between models. (I do have 3 "dust bubbles" [bubbles formed by tiny grains of dust I missed] in the screen protector, but they were there before I got the Defender. Cheap protector too - i-Blason 3/$5 stuff.)

I had that happen, used a piece of tape to pull up the screen protector where the dust was and then a second piece of tape to snag the dust from the sticky side of the protector, gone!