Do you want to see the note line of phablets to venture into the 6inch range?

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I ask this because I just acquired a note 4 and while I was nervous of the step up in size compared to my htc m8, after 3 days of use I find the screen size no problem at all. I honestly feel internet browsing wanting on small screens sizes and the note 4 is def better but I find myself already thinking about "bigger" , what say you on gigantic phablets?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Note 4, even for my large hands, is at the maximum I'd want for a phablet, honestly. Pretty much any larger and one-handed operation would be impossible.

If it's going to grow above one-handed operation, I'd rather go with a tablet in the 7" or 8" range and carry a smaller phone with tethering capability.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I personally would not be interested in a larger phone - the Note 4 is a very nice size. Something in size between it and my Nexus 7 would just be too large for everyday carry-around. And at some point, holding a very large phone to your ear just looks weird.

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely.. I love a big screen. I have no need to use one hand and have no trouble carrying my Note 4 around. I really would like to see Samsung add the features of the Note 4 to their Galaxy Mega with it's 6.3 inch screen. But sadly they don't make the Mega any more.

geoffr86

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I would've said no way when I had my Galaxy S5. But since I've had my Note 4 I love the big screen, and wouldn't be put off if Samsung decide to up it for the Note 5. Having said that I don't think they should go too much bigger. 6" is probably the biggest I would go. If they could squeeze that into a chassis that is only a couple mm bigger then I would be all over it. If the phone has grow again to fit a bigger screen in then I would say that ergonomics are going to suffer too much. The Note 4 does an excellent job of making the phone feel smaller in your hand than it actually is and they need to try not to lose this imo.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I think they found the sweet spot w 5.7, if the phone gets much bigger i would be tempted to look elsewhere, and that would suck lol

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I would want a bigger screen as long as the phone size doesn't get much bigger. Anything as big as something like the 6+ is hideously large especially with that smaller screen lol.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I think the size of the Note 4 is just right. If it gets much bigger you'll look like you are holding HDTV next to your ear.

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to say no to the idea because I'm the person who said she'd never buy a note because it's too big. yet I'm sitting here typing from my NOTE 😂😂😂

Posted via the Android Central App

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there's an ergonomic formula to fit a unit in your hand comfortably of height, width, length, and weight. I want the maximum screen size that's comfortable with one hand biased towards large handed people, but the note 4 definitely is the max I can stretch my thumb flat. These curved displays will probably make for awesome new formulas though, I'll bet a 6 inches or more could be very usable one handed with the right curve.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I am okay with the size now but .. If they did go up to 6 inch I would still take a look at the Note series. I like bigger phones since I do a lot of media usage on it .. And since my front right pocket is my dedicated phone pocket I don't really have an issue taking it around in my day-to-day routine.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I dont. I think the size of the Note 4 is perfect. I have a Lumia 1520 which is a 6 incher and it is massive compared to the Note 4.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Although I love the 5.7" display, I wouldn't balk at 5.9" or 6.0". But that's just me. Resolution is the main factor, along with battery usage.