Note 4 and IPhone 6 Plus

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used both the Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus on one line and is it possible ?

Thinking of picking up Note 4 as a 2nd Phone

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Three possible meanings for what you are asking that I can think of:

- "I'm going to swap the SIM back and forth and take the phone that suits my mood the best today" --- carrier-dependent. AT&T allows this, as would most carriers, I suppose, but I think they limit the number of times you can swap SIMs back and forth, and of course you want the SIM to be the same size (not sure on that). Check with your carrier on whether they care how often you move your SIM from phone to phone.

- "I want both phones to ring simultaneously and be assigned the same phone number" -- there are workarounds for this like using Google Voice and forwarding it to two independent phone lines, one for each phone, but no carrier I know of will send the same call to two independent IMEIs. You'll need two lines, or see the next option.

- "I want to use data on both devices at the same time and receive carrier calls on one". -- Easy. Get a tethering plan on the device you want to receive calls on, and tether the second one to it and it doesn't need a SIM at all. You can even make/receive Google Hangouts Dialer calls on the tethered one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Swapping the SIM card would require an adapter, since the Note 4 uses a microSIM, while the iPhone 6+ uses a nanoSIM.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Three possible meanings for what you are asking that I can think of:

- "I'm going to swap the SIM back and forth and take the phone that suits my mood the best today" --- carrier-dependent. AT&T allows this, as would most carriers, I suppose, but I think they limit the number of times you can swap SIMs back and forth, and of course you want the SIM to be the same size (not sure on that). Check with your carrier on whether they care how often you move your SIM from phone to phone.

- "I want both phones to ring simultaneously and be assigned the same phone number" -- there are workarounds for this like using Google Voice and forwarding it to two independent phone lines, one for each phone, but no carrier I know of will send the same call to two independent IMEIs. You'll need two lines, or see the next option.

- "I want to use data on both devices at the same time and receive carrier calls on one". -- Easy. Get a tethering plan on the device you want to receive calls on, and tether the second one to it and it doesn't need a SIM at all. You can even make/receive Google Hangouts Dialer calls on the tethered one.

It would be choice number 1
I want to switch between 2 phones. But I think the SIM cards are different sizes. It will be with ATT

Thx

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, anything above the iPhone 5 uses a Nano SIM, and the Note 4 uses a Micro SIM.

Fortunately, the pins are all in the same spots, so you could get a punch-type SIM cutter, get a Macro SIM, cut it carefully down to Nano, and then keep the extra bit as a "shim" to keep your shiny new Nano in place when using it in the Note 4.

Or just position the Nano SIM carefully in the Note 4's Micro slot so the pins line up. You'd pretty much have to drop the phone to jar the SIM out of place anyway.

But first check with AT&T to see what their current policy is. They may allow flipping between two devices without any trouble. Also, make sure you ask carefully about iPhone versus "everything else" - their data plan and/or APN may be different for iOS devices.

And, finally, when talking to your iFriends using iOS, don't let them set you up in (I think it's called) AppleTalk - Apple's internal messaging system that can flip between SMS and Apple protocols to reach you. Your Android can't speak Apple's protocols and you'll never get their messages.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Swapping the SIM card would require an adapter, since the Note 4 uses a microSIM, while the iPhone 6+ uses a nanoSIM.

I currently have verizon with my IPhone 6 Plus
Want to switch to ATT and get note 4 but use same phone number
Would that be possible?

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid Maxx and was thinking about a Note 4. Which SIM card does the Maxx take?

Posted via Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I currently have verizon with my IPhone 6 Plus
Want to switch to ATT and get note 4 but use same phone number
Would that be possible?

You'd have to ask Verizon about that, last I knew the phone number didn't completely follow the SIM, but that may have changed in the couple of years since I was a Verizon customer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can port the number, but that means you're changing the phone you use on that line permanently. I don't think you'd be able to use both of them on the same line by swapping SIMs, in that situation (which is what the OP was asking about).

ronr9286t

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I regularly switch between a Windows Phone (Lumia 1520) and the Note 4 using an adapter. Not as frequently now, as I'm using the Note more and more. One thing that requires communication with AT&T is if you have a plan that allows tethering, you have to designate which phone is the primary device. That is the only one that will allow the tethering function to work.

Ron

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

IMG_9132.jpg

I took a microsim and put a nanosim on top of it. I used a razor blade to cut around it and made my own adaptor. It works perfectly when switching phones.

If you have T-Mobile, you can swap phones whenever you want, they don't care.

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I've used both. Currently using note 4. Love it. Dont think I'm going back to 6 plus. Don't get me wrong, I love ip6plus but I think the n4 rules it

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've used both. Currently using note 4. Love it. Dont think I'm going back to 6 plus. Don't get me wrong, I love ip6plus but I think the n4 rules it

Posted via the Android Central App

I bought my Note 4 a month and still wanted the 6+ so I got it on Saturday. I like both but I still think the Note 4 is a better phone. Both displays are amazing and I think the Note 4s screen just stands out a bit more with the colors. The blacks are black and the rest of the colors are perfect.

I also think the Note 4 is just a bit faster at doing things. Some people say the Note 4 has some lag but I have seen none so far.

Of course the iPhone has the problem with tabs constantly reloading in Safari. That's probably due to the iPhone only having 1GB RAM. Don't try to go to one tab and copy something and then go back to the other tab to paste it in. The tab may very well reload on you losing what you had already typed in. That is a common problem on the iPhone.

None of this seems to stop people from buying the 6/6+ because it's the top selling iPhone ever.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Ported over my Verizon iPhone 6 plus to Att. Hope to pickup the Note 4 soon and swap with adapter for sim

I appreciate all of the help