Missing apps in multi window - Verizon

yenz7280

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, new to android here, coming from an iphone 6, use to be an apple fanboy but not anymore apple=boring lol. Have a verizon Note 4, Kitkat 4.4.4, latest OS updates, multi-window enabled etc...i noticed after watching some how to, youtube vids on note4 and on the forums, some apps (ie twitter, instagram, imdb...etc) which should be multi window enabled are not showing up on my handset. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or its related to verizon...i have not clue.

Looking for some guidance

tks a bunch - yenz :)

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Click the little arrow at the bottom of MW and choose edit. You can then drag apps from that box into MW.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Android world yenz! With all that can be done with Android, you shouldn't be bored anymore. ;)

As far as Multi Window goes, you're not doing anything wrong. Samsung designed it to let each developer decide if their app is compatible or not. If an app that you want to be but isn't compatible, the best thing to do is contact them though the Play Store & ask them to do so. If enough people ask for it, there's a good chance it'll be done. The way around this is to root, then you can get all of your apps to show (I'm not sure if the VZW Note 4 is rootable yet). If you're curious, there's a website called Mobile Multitasking that has a list of MW compatible apps.

I hope this helped & enjoy!

yenz7280

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
tks guys...just tried the edit button unfortunately the apps i want ie twitter, instagram etc...aren't even an option. sux cause i really like MW! here are some screen shots of what im dealing with. MW icon/option is not even available when i hit the lower left button to see my active apps. Its weird cause anyone w/ a note 4 NON Verizon phone dosent seem to have this problem!

Screenshot_2015-03-04-11-35-43.jpg Screenshot_2015-03-04-11-32-59 (1).jpg

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
tks guys...just tried the edit button unfortunately the apps i want ie twitter, instagram etc...aren't even an option. sux cause i really like MW! here are some screen shots of what im dealing with. MW icon/option is not even available when i hit the lower left button to see my active apps. Its weird cause anyone w/ a note 4 NON Verizon phone dosent seem to have this problem!

You've seen them working with MW on other Notes? I'm also on VZW & none of my devices show those as compatible. This wouldn't be the first time that VZW blocked some (them & their silliness :confused:).

yenz7280

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
You've seen them working with MW on other Notes? I'm also on VZW & none of my devices show those as compatible. This wouldn't be the first time that VZW blocked some (them & their silliness :confused:).

yes sir...there is a youtube vid (forums wont let me include a link cause im too new) search youtube "Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Review After 4 Months of Usage" by Marc the geek. Skip to min 7 and he talks about MW. Lucky ******* has a ton of MW enabled apps that work on his note 4. Hes running on t-mobile w/ a launcher not sure if hes rooted. anywhoo some kid...if you read some of the youtube comments asked the same question i did...and i bet that kid has verizon! Marc the geek tried to help in trouble shoot the missing apps for MW but to no avail. So im guessing its a Verizon issue.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a T-Mobile Note 4 and Twitter isn't on my multiwindow list either. I remember it being there before. Maybe Twitter removed that feature. I don't recall Instagram ever being multiwindow.

Posted via the Android Central App

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
yes sir...there is a youtube vid (forums wont let me include a link cause im too new) search youtube "Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Review After 4 Months of Usage" by Marc the geek. Skip to min 7 and he talks about MW. Lucky ******* has a ton of MW enabled apps that work on his note 4. Hes running on t-mobile w/ a launcher not sure if hes rooted. anywhoo some kid...if you read some of the youtube comments asked the same question i did...and i bet that kid has verizon! Marc the geek tried to help in trouble shoot the missing apps for MW but to no avail. So im guessing its a Verizon issue.

Yup, sure looks like it's VZW that's the problem. He says toward the end that he's not rooted. If T-Mobile increases their coverage to suite my needs, I'm switching... I'm tired of having crippled phones from VZW!

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a T-Mobile Note 4 and Twitter isn't on my multiwindow list either. I remember it being there before. Maybe Twitter removed that feature. I don't recall Instagram ever being multiwindow.

That's interesting. I wonder if he's using an international version on T-Mobile.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I take back what I said. Twitter and Instagram were hidden at the bottom under the other arrow. Are you sure they're not in there?

yenz7280

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I take back what I said. Twitter and Instagram were hidden at the bottom under the other arrow. Are you sure they're not in there?

yup i double checked...and tried fiddling around with the arrow button and edit button after holding down the back button again. No apps. Even reseting MW, uninstalling and re installing twitter and facebook to get them to show up. Facebook shows up in MW but no twitter. I dont understand why this wont work for verizon handsets. Whoever made THAT decision at Verizon i want whatever he's smoking!!!

anyone have any ideas i can try w/out root pls let me know

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
While I sympathize regarding the lack of the feature I often wonder how critical it is on a tiny screen like the Note 4 . . . yes I realize the Note 4 has a large screen but REALLY, once you put two applications on screen there's no room to pull up an on screen keyboard so how far do you end up going before you tap on something to type and all heck breaks loose with regards to limited screen real estate? I'm biased, I carry a Note Pro 12.2 around with me practially everywhere.

BTW to add some usefulness to my response, LOL, there is an alternative to enable more multiwindow "support":

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...i.xperiacle.multiwindow.enable&token=Wn9vRjcd

Using this application one can process installed apps to enable multiwindow support. The program will take the APK files for the app you select, process them (I'm assuming it edits it and recompiles it) and then allow you to reinstall the application which will then give it multiwindow support.

BE WARNED, essentially this is going to take any apps that you process off grid - meaning to say they'll no longer be updated in Google Play Store. So . . if you do it, keep in mind that periodically you'll have to uninstall the app, reinstall from Play Store and reprocess with the multiwindow enabler.

BE WARNED, not all applications will work well using this method. Depending on the application developer and how the app is written sometimes the graphical and text elements will scale properly in a window, other times it won't. It's not the multiwindow enabler's fault, it's the original app developer's.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
While I sympathize regarding the lack of the feature I often wonder how critical it is on a tiny screen like the Note 4 . . . yes I realize the Note 4 has a large screen but REALLY, once you put two applications on screen there's no room to pull up an on screen keyboard so how far do you end up going before you tap on something to type and all heck breaks loose with regards to limited screen real estate? I'm biased, I carry a Note Pro 12.2 around with me practially everywhere.

BTW to add some usefulness to my response, LOL, there is an alternative to enable more multiwindow "support":

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...i.xperiacle.multiwindow.enable&token=LssDvQWZ

Using this application one can process installed apps to enable multiwindow support. The program will take the APK files for the app you select, process them (I'm assuming it edits it and recompiles it) and then allow you to reinstall the application which will then give it multiwindow support.

BE WARNED, essentially this is going to take any apps that you process off grid - meaning to say they'll no longer be updated in Google Play Store. So . . if you do it, keep in mind that periodically you'll have to uninstall the app, reinstall from Play Store and reprocess with the multiwindow enabler.

BE WARNED, not all applications will work well using this method. Depending on the application developer and how the app is written sometimes the graphical and text elements will scale properly in a window, other times it won't. It's not the multiwindow enabler's fault, it's the original app developer's.

I was going to recommend that app too. You beat me to it and wrote a better description than I would have! ;^)

exmeaguy

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Verizon Note 2 (looking to upgrade to Note 4 soon) and there is a hack to give you all of your apps in the MW sidebar. As expected, you have to be rooted. I am hoping that by the time I get my Note 4 that someone will create the same hack. I am very surprised one does not exist now.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Verizon Note 2 (looking to upgrade to Note 4 soon) and there is a hack to give you all of your apps in the MW sidebar. As expected, you have to be rooted. I am hoping that by the time I get my Note 4 that someone will create the same hack. I am very surprised one does not exist now.
See my post above. You do not need root to use that application. That's the only way to do it without root that I am aware of.

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I think you're referring to wanam xposed for rooted note 4. All apps still get updated

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile note 4 and I have twitter I'm MW

04c3fe7c74fcac1829768ceb3405cdca.jpg

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4