Data usage seems high

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My billing cycle ended on the 9th and I've already used a gig of data. I haven't been downloading anything major. Use has been pretty typical.

I'm usually near 2-3 gigs by the end of a heavy use month. It's been 5 days.

Posted via the Android Central App

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My billing cycle ended on the 9th and I've already used a gig of data. I haven't been downloading anything major. Use has been pretty typical.

I'm usually near 2-3 gigs by the end of a heavy use month. It's been 5 days.

Do you use the YouTube app? Because if you do, it will switch you off of WiFi and onto your mobile data. experiment for yourself. Turn off your mobile data. Then open your YouTube app and watch it crash. Even if you have a strong wifi signal. I'm not sure if this is just happening with me, certain devices, or what? It is definitely 100% able to duplicate on my tablet. Try it and let me know.

Hielko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just check in the settings menu which apps did cause the huge data usage.

rob367

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Holy crud. Why the f is facebook app using almost half a gig?

My question is why and how does the FB app use so much data and even though auto update is shut off in my app store..FB and Messenger manages to update on its own. This is real sneaky if you ask me.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Settings/data usage/facebook it's at the bottom. I'd show you a screenshot but I disabled the app. (can't uninstall now because it's bloatware now)

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you have videos playing automatically in the Facebook app? If you do, turn that off.

I check Facebook a few times a day and it's used 46 MBs in 3 weeks.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So I am assuming you are on verizon...I was going to raise the same issue.
I just checked what used the most Data on my phone and the top was "internet" with the browser icon next to it. Next was Youtube and I don't even use Youtube tht much!

But my biggest problem is fricking 4G LTE lights up even though I am on Wifi...I called verizon and they are like just turn of 4G LTE when you are on wifi..Not good and too much hassle to turn them on and off everytime!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
There used to be "Smart switch" option in KitKat...I called verizon once and they said it's the "smart switch" option which is by default enabled on your phone so that even when u r connected to Wifi ur 4G LTE will light up cuz when Wifi signal is poor, the phone will go on 4G LTE!

is this all true?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
After disabling facebook this hasn't changed. The top listing used to be facebook before I killed it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-17-09-17-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-17-09-17-26.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 26