Micro sd, what am I missing???

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Browsing eBay tonight... I'm looking at a Samsung Evo 128 GB, class 10, 48 Mb/s, uhs-1 micro sd card, with prices from...

$47.99 to $155.00???

These look like identical items. I must be missing something.

Can anyone offer any insight on this?

Posted via the Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Don't trust everything you see on ebay. Buy from a reputable seller like Amazon. There are fake cards out there.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
On ebay, the $47.99 one is very likely a fake. I'm not even sure I would trust the $155.
As mentioned, buy micro SD cards only from reputable sources.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't trust everything you see on ebay. Buy from a reputable seller like Amazon. There are fake cards out there.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Went ahead and paid 87 dollars on Amazon, for one that is sold by Amazon and Fulfilled by Amazon. I guess that's about as certain as you can be in this day and age! Thanks for the advice, saving 40 bucks was tempting, but not that tempting!

Posted via the Android Central App

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I bought one on ebay and it had a totally fake logo on it. The SanDisk logo was blurry haha. Thankfully I was able to return and get a full refund.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I bought one on ebay and it had a totally fake logo on it. The SanDisk logo was blurry haha. Thankfully I was able to return and get a full refund.

Other forums for devices I have that all use storage cards (e.g., tablets, digital cameras) are full of posts regarding fake cards bought on ebay. Always buy directly from a known, reputable dealer (Amazon, Best Buy, etc) - it isn't worth saving a few bucks to risk losing those pics or other valuable data you don't have stored anywhere else yet!