Note 4 battery life

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
You will never get that. The iPhone calculates usage even when the screen is off.

True. Playing music and other tasks that are happening while the screen is off are counted under Usage in iOS.

WRT disabling stuff, what I mean is e.g. I disable Google Play Music because I have no use for it and the phone has its own Music Player, so I am disabling a duplicate function, same with S Voice, you already have Google Voice with Google Now feeding it tons more content making S Voice pointless, IMO, so again disabling a duplicate function.

alexander888

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... 3.5h is quite low for average usage. I suggest going to Power Saving -Power Saving Mode -Restrict Performance and tick CPU, ONLY CPU, that should bring down power usage a bit as even when the CPU is in power save it has plenty power. Also set your GPS to Power Save and maybe try disabling apps you don't use in Application Manager.
3.5 SOT was yesterday and I had 21% left which may go more than 4h SOT, right? Now I fixed some things and I listened some music, but I have some apps that are checking my GPS location every 15 minutes, I didn't do anything, today I have 4 hours and 37min with 18% left so I think that's okay?

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Not on todays batteries. I've used my phone till it shut off, put a new battery in it, recharged the old one and life continues. No damage to the battery if you use it till it shuts down.

i really doubt that.. i'm not too keen about letting the battery die. i would recharge at 10%.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
i really doubt that.. i'm not too keen about letting the battery die. i would recharge at 10%.

That's about as low as I usually go before I swap out for a fresh battery (have two with the spare battery charging kit). But even if going lower or running it all the way down I wouldn't worry about it since it's user-replaceable and a new battery can be picked up for $30 or less. :)

Last edited:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
3.5 SOT was yesterday and I had 21% left which may go more than 4h SOT, right? Now I fixed some things and I listened some music, but I have some apps that are checking my GPS location every 15 minutes, I didn't do anything, today I have 4 hours and 37min with 18% left so I think that's okay?

Yup, sounds pretty good to me and what I average even with screen set to auto-brightness and a bunch of stuff disabled (ex. location set to power saving, one GMail account syncing e-mail only and a BeWeather widget syncing every three hours).

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Too much information with regard to battery can be a bother. Getting great battery life but not knowing what keeps waking my phone (non-root WLD method not successful for me) is bugging me. Lol

JaceKG

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 is a 3-4 weeks old... rooted, stock rom to uninstall "bloatware" and a couple of minor mods. Example of how my battery performs, today I left home with 100% battery made a few calls lasting around 15 mins in total. Arived at my first job and used a radio station over the net for about 2 hours. Left that job and used tomtom go for about an hour to arive at my next job and used the radio again for about an hour. Used the net to search for products to buy for tomorrow's job and pick up locally. This took about 30mins searching the net. Drove home and tethered my phone to my laptop for an hour or so as I'm actually away on location and not at home to use WiFi. And now responding to this and I have 54% battery... I am more than impressed with note 4 battery life.

Posted from my rooted Note 4 and loving it

CCNasty

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
My battery sucks since the lollipop update and since it's a Verizon phone that means it will take forever to get 5.1

Posted via the Android Central App

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Heres mines tmobile kit kat

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-18-16-35-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-18-16-35-50.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2015-05-18-16-35-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-18-16-35-46.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 79

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I too can get over 5 hrs OST but only get less then ten hours standby. I doubt that people who are getting 5+ hrs are getting a full day of standby. I could do the same on KitKat as well but get less than a day with 5+ hrs.
I get over 6 hours of SoT with 26 hours of total use