Purchase New Note 4 for VZW?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Even after Note 5 comes out it will not be discounted without contract. That is the point. We will agree to disagree on 9 month old models being old. Let me use a different word. They are not the hot item right now. The GS6 is. I kind of hang out in VZW and Best Buy looking for deals and playing with phones. Nobody even looks at Note 4 any more. They grab the iphones (ipeople don't care how old they are and only buy istuff) , the GS6 edge, LG G4, and occasionally the note 4 edge but only because they mistake it for the GS6 edge. I never have any competition who wants to play with note 4. Never. Not at any store. Not in 2 months.

Well that isn't true. I have owned every Note phone and almost every S phone and when the new ones come out, they don't charge the same for the last year model. I buy new phones every year.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I know. I want a discount of some sort. I am willing to consider a fully waranteed refurb if discount is worth it.

You do not get full warranted refurb unless the warranty is from Samsung.

That is just how it works. I have bought a refurb from AT&T and I get 90 days from AT&T and one year from Samsung.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I will not change carriers and do not want a contract. I am only interested in VZW brand new with contract or refurb with complete warranty. The point is VZW no longer will no longer allow grandfathered unlimited data users to continue with this plan and new phone unless you buy phone outright without contract. I don't care about what contract deals exist nor what other providers offer. I don't mean to be acerbic. I just want to be clear.

Ok, well there are a lot of things I want. If this is Verizon's stance on this, what exactly can we help you with, because I don't understand what you are asking us.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well that isn't true. I have owned every Note phone and almost every S phone and when the new ones come out, they don't charge the same for the last year model. I buy new phones every year.
It is if you are paying full price no contract. The discount often drops the phone to free with 2 year deal but neither Samsung nor VZW drops the price of old brand new fully warranted phones with no contract. I have tried before. Eventually they run out but they ever discount without contract price.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It is if you are paying full price no contract. The discount often drops the phone to free with 2 year deal but neither Samsung nor VZW drops the price of old brand new fully warranted phones with no contract. I have tried before. Eventually they run out but they ever discount without contract price.

So what can we help you with?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well there are a lot of things I want. If this is Verizon's stance on this, what exactly can we help you with, because I don't understand what you are asking us.
Sometimes people know of ways to get a deal that I do not. Like maybe Samsung has a 10% off day or something. Maybe a special online deal I am unaware of. Partially I just find it interesting (and so should the justice dept antitrust dept) that nobody ever discounts brand new older model cell phones without a contract yet still offers full manufacturers warranty. I have seen old supposedly never used brand new phones offered on ebay but no warranty.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung US doesn't sell directly to customers.

In the US, you are pretty much stuck with carriers and people like Best Buy, for new phones.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Now you might find a new phone on Swappa or Amazon, but unless it is a dealer, you don't get the warranty. Warranties are not transferable.

You can however, buy insurance with Square Trade.

Your other question, phoned are retail items, the justice dept has nothing to do with pricing of retail items.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Now you might find a new phone on Swappa or Amazon, but unless it is a dealer, you don't get the warranty. Warranties are not transferable.

You can however, buy insurance with Square Trade.

Your other question, phoned are retail items, the justice dept has nothing to do with pricing of retail items.
It does if there is collusion or price fixing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, I know you buy developer edition directly from Samsung. It is never sold in stores.

That is the only phone you can buy in the US directly from Samsung and that is not one most people buy.

You are welcome to go try and buy one from Samsung. I've been a Samsung only customer for about 10 or more years.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well i hope it is ok to express an opinion. Anyway maybe someone else has a suggestion. My thread seems to annoy you. I do appreciate your helpful suggestions.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well i hope it is ok to express an opinion. Anyway maybe someone else has a suggestion. My thread seems to annoy you. I do appreciate your helpful suggestions.

Well debating the pricing of phones on the US just doesn't seem it is going to get you answers for a phone.

If you want a warranty and a brand new phone, no contract, you are limited to where you can buy phones here.. An authorized dealer and a carrier and that is pretty much it. You aren't going to get a discount price and get those things. There have been a lot of suggestions, but to meet your specific requirements of a new phone, discount price, one year warranty, I just don't think you will find that. Unless someone has a special sale, they do not even have the new model out yet for this phone, so the price isn't going to go down.

You can sometimes buy new phones at a better price online, but the warranty can be an issue. You can sometimes get an international phone at a good price, but Samsung US doesn't honor warranties for international phones.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I agree that swappa is your best bet. I got mine from there. They check for clean ESN. Close to half price.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87