I am in the US military and just moved back to the US after 3 years in Germany and bought my Note 4 upon returning. My new phone, however, thinks I am still in Germany. My Amazon app is still in German, and I've deleted it and reinstalled but it still comes up German. Now, several NEW apps I tried to download (including Walmart) say that they are not available in my country because the phone thinks I am in Germany. I've made some calls to various tech supports and even gone back to the phone store but everyone passes the blame elsewhere - so I am hoping someone that knows more than I do about the phone can help me change this setting!
    06-28-2015 01:05 PM
    I think your Google acct. thinks you are still in Germany. I would log into your acct & change from Germany to us. If didn't work then would delete acct & reinstall; before I did this I would "Google" my problem & see if any other less drastic methods are available. I am not an expert in Android or phones but since no responses I did.

I was there (Germany) from 1965 to 67 (first big draft for Viet Nam) in the 8th Infantry Div. Yes I am old with limited cell experience, but I hope I can help you.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    06-28-2015 02:45 PM
    Thank you both for serving your country.

Posted via the Android Central App
    anon8380037 and skatergirl like this.
    06-28-2015 09:54 PM
    Another possible solution is to bring it to a Best Buy, go to the cellphone area and look for the Samsung rep (light blue polo shirt with a Samsung logo). They may have run into this before, especially if you're in a military town.

Bruce - 65-67? You're not that old (unless you were career mil before the G of T resolution).
    06-29-2015 03:21 AM
    Yes I am that old - born in 1944, graduated from HS 1962 & drafted the month I turned 21. I believe you are from GB; in USA at least since Korea (maybe WW2) have had the "draft"; even now I believe males must register when 18; but haven't drafted anyone since early 1970's. At that time I believe you could only get a "deferment" if in college, medical conditions, married with children or in certain professions; or you could go to Canada (which some of people did). It was kind of interesting when I got back in 97 & started college with all of the "protests"; I personally was not effected too much, but was a tottally different story for a lot of returning GI's, especially during the 70's
    06-29-2015 04:45 PM
    Have you tried Going to Android Settings > Manage Apps > Google Play Store and touch "Clear data" and "Clear cache".

Or even checking under to your date and time setting on automatic from network provider.

Or even tried holding down the volume up, home button and power button to boot into recovery and clear cache there. The phone needs to be off tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk
    06-29-2015 05:57 PM
    I haven't tried the 3rd option. I'm too afraid to do things like that (not too phone savi). It's a new phone. Only had it for maybe 3 weeks now. I'm thinking to deleting my Google account and start a new one.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-29-2015 06:43 PM
    Yes I am that old - born in 1944, graduated from HS 1962 & drafted the month I turned 21. I believe you are from GB; in USA at least since Korea (maybe WW2) have had the "draft"; even now I believe males must register when 18; but haven't drafted anyone since early 1970's. At that time I believe you could only get a "deferment" if in college, medical conditions, married with children or in certain professions; or you could go to Canada (which some of people did). It was kind of interesting when I got back in 97 & started college with all of the "protests"; I personally was not effected too much, but was a tottally different story for a lot of returning GI's, especially during the 70's
    Hi Bruce. Not sure if Rukbat will catch your second post as he answers a LOT of queries and he's excellent.
    He won't mind me saying he is in the US and is a couple of years your senior, or close to. He's a site Ambassador here and has decades in the business. Regards to you.
    06-30-2015 04:38 AM
    I'm think Rutbat's idea is best choice for you. The Samsung reps at our local Best Buy are pretty knowledgeable. Another option is local carrier store. Either could probably help even if you did not buy your phone there.
    06-30-2015 08:40 AM