5.0.1 Update Problems

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else having problems after this update? I'm on Sprint and ever since this update I keep getting a "Unfortunately the internet has stopped" message when browsing the internet. I've wiped my system cache and the internet cache and Google Play services cache but I'm still getting the error.

Posted via the Android Central App

Toby Erkson

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Updated yesterday (Sprint) and went smoothly until I tried to view a document...and it wasn't there! At least one document was totally erased and because it contained some sensitive info I didn't have a backup of it on my personal computer. NOT HAPPY! :mad:

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Anybody noticing a drop in battery life? I am, which is stupid considering the last update gave me a drop in battery life too

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, now I'm getting a bunch of freezes with the internet and Facebook app. I've wiped system cache, wiped app data and even uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook. I'm tired of getting problems with every "update." They either need to get on the ball or not force feed us these Damn updates

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been getting the same problem with several applications that I use extensively. Those apps include Bing, Internet, Youtube, Flashlight, Hancom, S Note, and Outlook. I've dealt with this annoying problem since the lollipop update first dropped from t-mobile a couple months ago. I thought I would be able to get rid of the problem doing a cache clear, but no luck. I've factory reset the device via settings, via recover mode, and even via kies firmware upgrade. Yet again, the problem continues to persist 15+ times a day. I reached out to Samsung and they said that my device is still under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty. I would have to send my device in, wait for Samsung to diagnose it, fix it or replace it. Which would take up to 14 business days to get it back once they receive it. That wasn't an option for me, especially since I wouldn't have a phone during that period of time. I called my carrier which is t-mobile and told them about my dilemma. Even including the details that I got from Samsung customer care. T-mobile was more than happy to replace my note with a brand new in box device directly from Samsung with next day air. I'm going to be getting it later on today, so I would recommend reaching out to Samsung or your Carrier.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I am convinced that carriers push **** updates before the next big update...but it bites them in the *** because then they never release decent updates

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Mark - let us know if the new phone gives you the same problems or bad battery life please

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, everything keeps "failing" or "unfortunately stops." Whether it's the internet, camera, gallery etc. This Damn update sucks

Dustystrail

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else having problems after this update? I'm on Sprint and ever since this update I keep getting a "Unfortunately the internet has stopped" message when browsing the internet. I've wiped my system cache and the internet cache and Google Play services cache but I'm still getting the error.

This update has destroyed my phone! Battery drains over a few hours without using the phone, internet connection problems and frequent freezing.

MikeTin

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
My phone is having a hard time loading the SD card. Seems to be stuck in "Preparing SD Card."

The card works in my laptop and checking the disk reports no errors.

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems fine except for the battery drain. Unplugged at a 100% last night and woke up to a 67% battery. What could drain the battery while it is not being used?

Bigdre 18

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing numerous dropped calls? I have the Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T network and ever since I got lollipop. I have been experiencing dropped calls and the phone freezes up several times a day.

Any ideas or fixes?

RayzorRamon

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
So, I removed my SD Card and no longer use it. I've experienced a very notable performance increase. I also deleted a lot of 3rd party apps, the later being Textra. Although I deleted it last night, I unplugged around 6:30am and its 9:57pm and I'm at 28% battery. That's with above average use. Texting, phone calls, playing Boom Beach, surfing the world wide web...I'm a lot happier since making those minor changes. The phone still runs a little warm, but nothing to the hot rock it felt like before.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing numerous dropped calls? I have the Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T network and ever since I got lollipop. I have been experiencing dropped calls and the phone freezes up several times a day.

Any ideas or fixes?

Here. At&t is terrible in KY but even worse since the update (as is everything else.)