Battery lost 60% in 2 hours

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not understanding why my phone does this sometimes. I took it off the charger accidentally before fully waking up this morning and I knew I would have lost some battery life because the battery life has been abysmal for me since lollipop, but this is a new low. Could it be my wifi? I don't want to root to figure it out because I definitely plan to get rid of this phone in a couple of months.

Attachments

• 1437061175083.jpg
    1437061175083.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 1437061190291.jpg
    1437061190291.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 89

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's definitely something keeping your phone awake all the time! Not sure what it could be though, that battery report doesn't say much. After LP, did you factory-reset your phone? It does help a lot...

If not, try finding Google Play Services in your Application Manager. Once there, uninstall updates. Reboot. Let it re-update itself.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow, that's definitely something keeping your phone awake all the time! Not sure what it could be though, that battery report doesn't say much. After LP, did you factory-reset your phone? It does help a lot...

If not, try finding Google Play Services in your Application Manager. Once there, uninstall updates. Reboot. Let it re-update itself.

I did factory reset after updating and I've done the Google play services thing as well. It was also very hot and I don't think it was under my pillow or under me, but even if it was, should it drain that fast?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not. Especially not if you're not actively using it (which is the case since your screen isn't on).

OK, try booting into Safe Mode. This will restrict all 3rd party apps from starting on their own (unless you specifically open one and let it run). If you do this and don't open any apps and leave your phone, does it do the same? If so, there might be a different issue, and might need re-flashing. Might be a hardware issue, but not really sure it is. In any case, if in Safe Mode it does the same, it totally warrants an exchange.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Roll back to KK and you will love your phone again!! My phone SUCKED with lollipop. It would lag, run hot, battery was absolute garbage, and I could only use my Gear VR for like 10 minutes without it heating up. After going back to KitKat I have muuuch better battery life, no heat issues, no lag, and I can play with my VR without having to worry about taking it off!!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Roll back to KK and you will love your phone again!! My phone SUCKED with lollipop. It would lag, run hot, battery was absolute garbage, and I could only use my Gear VR ...

Hey z06mike, are you on the Samsung Gear VR forum? Just checking in case you didn't know Android Central has one.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an SD card installed? Try pulling that - it might have gone bad or have a corrupt file on it that the phone keeps trying to index and fails.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the great answers. It has been preforming a lot better battery wise thankfully. I think it was an app that was keeping it awake in the background.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
looks like something is keeping your phone awake??? check for wakelock programs on the plat store, if its still doing it??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member