In what scenario do you swap out your battery?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
For me, I am never tethered to an external battery or wall charger in the day even though they are accessible near my desk, so I pop in the extra battery by 2pm, then charge both batteries at night, to have 2 fresh batteries in the next morning. When I am on the road nonstop for 10-12 hours, I have a 3rd battery with me just in case. I am curious how others utilize this feature.

For all the sealed vs swappable battery debate, according to a Samsung Rep who I called recently, many Note 4 owners bought the extra battery kit in the last month, out of stock now. Bummer for me, cuz I want to buy one for a friend to accompany my 2nd new Note 4.

Attachments

• 1443881549075.jpg
    1443881549075.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Similar. I go hard on the battery, not limiting it in any way and have to pop in the replacement around 2pm.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Similar. I go hard on the battery, not limiting it in any way and have to pop in the replacement around 2pm.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Ha, and I thought I was the only crazy one. I go all out on this baby in terms of setting, number of opened apps, streaming videos, etc.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
For all the sealed vs swappable battery debate, according to a Samsung Rep who I called recently, many Note 4 owners bought the extra battery kit in the last month, out of stock now. Bummer for me, cuz I want to buy one for a friend to accompany my 2nd new Note 4.

Save your money. Get 2 batteries plus a wall charger for $25.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q4...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4726152

I've used these since I got my Samsung Gear VR HMD in May. Battery life when you are playing virtual reality games can drop quickly (a lot of heat is generated).

The Anker batteries are great. No issues with them or the wall charger.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Save your money. Get 2 batteries plus a wall charger for $25.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q4...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4726185

I've used these since I got my Samsung Gear VR HMD in May. Battery life when you are playing virtual reality games can drop quickly (a lot of heat is generated).

The Anker batteries are great. No issues with them or the wall charger.
I was looking at them. I originally wanted the OEM from Samsung, but cuz of the many great reviews on these, I will buy them today!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I ALWAYS carry a spare battery with me, always. I feel naked without one. Anytime I hit down around 15%, I swap out..If am traveling, I carry 2 spares.. Not too long ago, I had to make a trip to the ER.. No charger with me, of course they kept me for the better part of 12 hours.. Battery went down, I swapped out, back to 99%. in 15 seconds..
My wife crashed her S5, so I am treating her to a Note 4 for her birthday. Already order IMO standard equipment for the Note 4 for her. They are tempered glass screen, 2 spare batteries and charger(Caseology), tough bumper case, and she swaps out her 64 gb sd card and sim, and she will be off to the races..

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah we're all different to the point that sometimes we have polarizing views.

I use spare batteries on atypical days. On a normal day I'm very light on screen on time, heading home from work with perhaps 1 hour of screen on time reported, 12 hours or so since last charge and a battery percentage in the 80's. I'm normally around wifi all day at work and since I'm in downtown I've got good signal strength. I do not do heavy surfing or video watching on a normal day since I'm often at my computer anyhow.

Atypical days for me though are either when I'm traveling or spending long weekend days away from home socializing. The traveling days I do probably a few times a month and that's when I really love having spare batteries. My typical travel day would be a 4:30am start, catching an early commuter flight to another island, a long day away from the office and perhaps a 6pm commuter flight back. By the time I'm on the flight back I'll be low on battery percentage, sometimes down below 30, and high on screen on time. I'll swap out either before the flight or after and be fresh and ready for the evening. When I'm traveling I prefer not to be tied down to a battery pack but to be honest I carry both a spare battery and a pack just in case. 9 times out of 10 I'll never touch the portable pack, it's just there when I need it.

I find the debate rather interesting sometimes, particularly the struggle between having a nonremovable back be the defining characteristic of having premium build and the need to protect fragile devices with cases. I sometimes feel that the argument for nonremovable in the name of quality build shouldn't be valid for anyone who's putting a case onto the phone. Clearly we all want quality but if one's going to put a case on it anyway what difference does it make if the back is glass or not? This question coming from someone who is a bit of a purist too . . my Nexus 4 which I have had since release and still use is still naked and still in good shape. Having both types of devices, I'm in the group of Note users who think that there's a place for sleek/stylish and there's a place for power users . . it's unfortunate the Note line had the removable battery feature removed. It is what it is though and I don't feel like Samsung is obligated to listen to those of us who lament the loss. They merely react to the market the way they see fit even if we don't always fall into the norms that the manufacturer is trying to appease.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I used to swap batteries only when I forgot to charge the night before, or when it was too late to charge because I was going to sleep. I don't like leaving the phone on the charger overnight. For the last month though, my phone hasn't seen the charger because now I just swap the battery as soon as it gets to around 30%. I'm thinking of buying one more spare battery (or maybe the Anker pair) as I'm planning a weekend fishing trip in the boonies... no electricity anywhere except the car. I do also own a battery bank with a spare set of four 18650's, but that's reserved for my Mobius camera (it also has a swappable battery, but not worth having spares due to use).

I like the ability to swap batteries in all my devices. I couldn't imagine if stuff like my Canon flashes had imbedded batteries! I would go insane! Everything I own with imbedded batteries are either dead or won't hold a decent charge.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't need a spare battery, I'm a heavy user, phone on 7 am. I'm on 87% at 13.24. I know at 9pm I will be at around 40-50%
I do carry an Onken charger with me but never used it. I have lent it to other folk though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo