Scuff Mark on "Brand New" Note 4 from T-Mobile?

A

AC Question

Hey guys. I just bought/upgraded to a "brand new" Note 4 from T-Mobile -- at least they claimed it was brand new. But there is a small black scuff mark on the top right corner of the phone, and on the bottom at the metal trim there are 2 small marks as well. I was so anal about it being brand new instead of refurbished because the same thing happened to me before.

Last year, when I got the Note 3 from T-Mobile as well, the brand new phone had red pen marks on the back cover, blue pen marks on the home button, and inside the box, the accessories and charger were covered with bread crumbs. It was the most oddest thing ever, like someone was eating cookies while restocking it or something. I took it back, and they insisted it was brand new, those marks were only "manufacturing defects." They told me if I wanted to exchange it for a different one, I had to pay a $50 restocking fee. I was so upset cause I paid full price expecting a brand new phone, and those marks weren't even my doing. I ended up going to a different store and paid the $50 to exchange it -- this time it WAS brand new. You can just tell. I'm not crazy...

Well anyway now that I've upgraded to the Note 4 it's happened again. I cannot believe my luck with this. I am so uncomfortable with those marks that were not my doing. I'm pretty OCD, so I'll probably take it back and pay $50 to exchange it... So what do you guys think? Any suggestions on this? Sigh.

Sanjay Ramoutar

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I just bought/upgraded to a "brand new" Note 4 from T-Mobile -- at least they claimed it was brand new. But there is a small black scuff mark on the top right corner of the phone, and on the bottom at the metal trim there are 2 small marks as well. I was so anal about it being brand new instead of refurbished because the same thing happened to me before.

Last year, when I got the Note 3 from T-Mobile as well, the brand new phone had red pen marks on the back cover, blue pen marks on the home button, and inside the box, the accessories and charger were covered with bread crumbs. It was the most oddest thing ever, like someone was eating cookies while restocking it or something. I took it back, and they insisted it was brand new, those marks were only "manufacturing defects." They told me if I wanted to exchange it for a different one, I had to pay a $50 restocking fee. I was so upset cause I paid full price expecting a brand new phone, and those marks weren't even my doing. I ended up going to a different store and paid the $50 to exchange it -- this time it WAS brand new. You can just tell. I'm not crazy...

Well anyway now that I've upgraded to the Note 4 it's happened again. I cannot believe my luck with this. I am so uncomfortable with those marks that were not my doing. I'm pretty OCD, so I'll probably take it back and pay $50 to exchange it... So what do you guys think? Any suggestions on this? Sigh.

I hear you, I would've exchanged it as well just for my peace of mind. I'm a little OCD like that too, and if I didn't, that would've bothered me right through until I eventually gave in and do the exchange.

Posted via the Android Central App

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Always look over your device in the store when they are activating it.
They can't sell you a product with defects if you see them before the transaction is complete.

Galaxy Note 4 {Sprint 5.1.1}

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
If you complain enough they will replace it. I had a problem with the camera focus when I first got my note 4 but didn't notice it until after the 14 day return window since I don't really use the camera. After calling customer service they finally agreed to replace the phone with a new one not a refurbished one.