won't always fast charge

tjplatt2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Recently I've been having a problem with my phone charging. I use the charger cable and adapter that came with he phone, yet the problem still consists. I'll have to plug in my phone multiple times before it says fast charger connected. Sometimes it will even say a slow charger is connected and to use the stock one. If I don't make sure it says fast charger connected, it will barely give my phone a charge after hours of waiting.

Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing a while back. It turned out that by me allowing the phone to charge while using it and being propped on my stomach or chest, the wiring that is closest to the plug was damaged. I contacted Samsung and they got me a new one. Now I'm more careful. This may not be your problem at all though. Try another cord. The part that plugs into the wall is the part you can't change.

Last edited:

tjplatt2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. My old one was split near the phone port so that would make sense. Found a new cord laying around so hopefully it will fix it

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It should, but just in case it doesn't, contact Samsung and they'll mail you a new charger. They did for me and a few others here.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Can go to your carrier corporate office too. They might be kind and give you a new one. They did for me in the past.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend chewed up my cord with the vacuum. Will they send me what new one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87