SnapChat Turns My Phone Off

HipHopJunki

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Lately my snapchat has been turning my phone off when I send a snap or click to see someone's snap.
I uninstall it and reinstalled it and still doing it. any help would be good help.

ty

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It powers the phone off completely, or just puts the screen to sleep?

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
TY
Powers the phone off completely, it wont turn on I either got take off eh battery or I got plug it in for it to turn on
Before you try anything more drastic, try replacing the battery. There have been many reports in this forum of Note 4 batteries going bad much sooner than might be expected. If you do replace the battery, make sure that you get a brand name battery from a reputable source, as there are many counterfeit Samsung batteries out there.

I have not seen your exact problem reported here before, but there are many reports such as "when I take a picture my phone shuts off" or "when my battery gets to xx% it suddenly goes to 0% and shuts off". And from my reading here (I have not personally experienced any of these problems) those problems were almost always resolved by a new battery. Some have even been able to get their carrier to replace the battery under warranty.

Larry

HipHopJunki

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Before you try anything more drastic, try replacing the battery. There have been many reports in this forum of Note 4 batteries going bad much sooner than might be expected. If you do replace the battery, make sure that you get a brand name battery from a reputable source, as there are many counterfeit Samsung batteries out there.

I have not seen your exact problem reported here before, but there are many reports such as "when I take a picture my phone shuts off" or "when my battery gets to xx% it suddenly goes to 0% and shuts off". And from my reading here (I have not personally experienced any of these problems) those problems were almost always resolved by a new battery. Some have even been able to get their carrier to replace the battery under warranty.

Larry
what you said very true when my phone shuts off it shows 0% hook up the charger shows 20& ill try a new battery.

Larry E

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having this same issue and I bought a new Anker battery.

Since then, it does not shutdown my phone, but it still overheats and drains the battery at around 1%-2% per minute.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I was having this same issue and I bought a new Anker battery.

Since then, it does not shutdown my phone, but it still overheats and drains the battery at around 1%-2% per minute.

So basically what that says is that Snapchat is a HUGE battery hog, and your old battery probably had a bad cell or two and could no longer tolerate throwing out the kind of energy Snapchat was demanding. Once the battery voltage dropped (as batteries do when they are discharged faster than they can handle) the battery management system said "screw this, I'm out" and did a shutdown.

Speedslayerr

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
So basically what that says is that Snapchat is a HUGE battery hog, and your old battery probably had a bad cell or two and could no longer tolerate throwing out the kind of energy Snapchat was demanding. Once the battery voltage dropped (as batteries do when they are discharged faster than they can handle) the battery management system said "screw this, I'm out" and did a shutdown.

I am on a DROID Turbo, and this has been happening for a while. It is definitely related to Snapchat and the only way to make it stop draining the battery is to restart my phone. Simply stopping Snapchat doesn't work. I got a replacement under warranty and it seemed to help, however after a couple months it started again. Does anyone have a solution to this? I can't live like this, but I can't live without snapchat

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen with snapchat. Then often with any app but I first saw it with snapchat. I was about to get a new battery but marshmallow fixed it.

Zsrsr

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Lately my snapchat has been turning my phone off when I send a snap or click to see someone's snap.
I uninstall it and reinstalled it and still doing it. any help would be good help.

ty

I have the same problem... i allready tried a new battery but it doesn't work.... i have a note 4

Melindar210

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
If and when you do find out what's causing this issue please let me know too. When I use Snapchat my phone completely turns off to where I have to take the back off, take the battery out and put it back in. It's becoming really tidious and annoying as heck and I have the Note 4 also

Gavyn Edwards

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
This is happening on my note 4 now. I replaced the battery and suddenly it's started dropping from 70% to 10% in a matter of seconds. When I plug it in to charge it shows around 70%? Snapchat recently however has started making my phone turn off completely. I have to take the battery out and put it back in to get it to switch back on. So if anyone has an idea for a solution it would be super useful :)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is happening on my note 4 now. I replaced the battery and suddenly it's started dropping from 70% to 10% in a matter of seconds. When I plug it in to charge it shows around 70%? Snapchat recently however has started making my phone turn off completely. I have to take the battery out and put it back in to get it to switch back on. So if anyone has an idea for a solution it would be super useful :)

That sounds like you got a defective battery. I'd have the vendor replace the new battery for you.

iEdnna

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Same happened to me few months ago, when I started using snapchat on my Samsung Galaxy S5. The phone would heat up to the max at first, few weeks later the phone would shutdown by itself when the battery was anywhere bellow 35%. Then it started happening when using other apps as well, but I'm sure Snapchat was still running on the background, that's what would make the phone switch off when using other apps. I also thought it was a virus. Almost considered doing a reset on my phone. But I ended up leaving it like that for a couple more weeks and, my battery eventually swollen because of the heat. So I got a new battery. But here I am almost two months with the new battery and I'm facing the same problem. Snapchat has to do something about that, I can't keep on changing batteries every 2 months. I saw that closing background apps including snapchat when I'm not using helps ease up the heat and resistance of the battery. Hope we all find a solution for this!!! take care

James Keefer

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
TY
Powers the phone off completely, it wont turn on I either got take off eh battery or I got plug it in for it to turn on

My snapchat does the same thing! Its when I open snapchat then like 2 seconds later it reboots my phone. It turns back on right away, but it acts like I restarted my phone. Idk how to fix it.

sarah muhammad

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site

Larry

Mine has recently been doing that obviously or I wouldn't be on here looking for answers but it pisses me off my battery was 100% then I got on snapchat and my phone turned all the way off and now its at 15% I have a Samsung Galaxy grand prime

Last edited by a moderator:

Rbscbw9115

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
I have a galaxy note 4 and if I'm using data on facebook or Snapchat then it will cut my phone completely off and wont come back on it will just show Samsung galaxy note 4 over and over until i plug it to a charger then it'll come on and work perfectly fine. My phone will do it every so often but if below 20% itll cut on and off until my battery dies. Why is this?

Last edited:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a galaxy note 4 and if I'm using data on facebook or Snapchat then it will cut my phone completely off and wont come back on it will just show Samsung galaxy note 4 over and over until i plug it to a charger then it'll come on and work perfectly fine. My phone will do it every so often but if below 20% itll cut on and off until my battery dies. Why is this?
One of the cells within your battery is probably bad, and the remaining cells cannot "make up the difference" once they reach a charge level below 20%, which is the point at which the voltage starts dropping rapidly. This is also putting more stress on one or more of the other cells, which means your battery overall will probably fail in the near future (or at least you will likely see it start to fail at 40%, then 60%, then 80% and then it finally won't charge at all).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa