Sm910f marshmallow

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Another thing: the new TW icons, the folder icon is larger than the rest and pushes the text down out of line with the rest of the icons. Makes it looks messy and the folder icon has some weird edge around it.

The phones running good with this update, but this mix of different TW styles looks a mess.

Paradroid01

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't work here with fingerprint scanner turned on.

But then again the official version is not available on the Galaxy store in the UK (on my device at least).

Yes, could be that it doesn't work with the fingerprint scanner turned on.

Anyway, tried Good Lock once. Unfortunately it's still not to my liking. Which made me go back to the original TouchWiz combined with Nova again.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, could be that it doesn't work with the fingerprint scanner turned on.

Anyway, tried Good Lock once. Unfortunately it's still not to my liking. Which made me go back to the original TouchWiz combined with Nova again.

Yeah same here.

For some reason the lock screen doesn't show charging status anymore. Samsung what have you done??!!

anon(8413510)

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Can't believe how long the MM rollout is taking, Still waiting for my Dutch SM-N910F unlocked to receive the update.

Posted via the Android Central App

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Can't believe how long the MM rollout is taking, Still waiting for my Dutch SM-N910F unlocked to receive the update.

Same here! At least it seems that the update is running smoothly for most :) . I really don't want to have to do a factory reset...

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Same here! At least it seems that the update is running smoothly for most :) . I really don't want to have to do a factory reset...

I updated last week and didn't do a factory reset. I simply cleared cache from the boot menu and haven't had issues since updating. I've also installed the new Good Lock UI, and love the new lock screen and notification tray.

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Samsung Good Lock UI | Android Central App

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I really don't want to have to do a factory reset...

I wrote on another forum about my 'fun' doing a factory reset after the 6.01 update.
It was working fine after the initial OTA update but I usually to a factory reset anyway after a major update.

So after the factory reset, a couple of menus in and the reactivation lock kicked in, nothing new here as I've had that with the lollipop version 5.1, but this time after entering my Samsung account details all I got was 'process failed' (Google this, it's more common than you would think) so after endless retrys and a phone call to Samsung customer service, nothing changed!

So the only possible thing I could think of was to revert back to 5.1 using Odin, set phone up and then deactivate Samsung reactivation lock, then update to marshmallow again, all went to plan and it's now running sweet.
I hope this helps at least one person because it was a right pain and time consuming!

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I wrote on another forum about my 'fun' doing a factory reset after the 6.01 update.
It was working fine after the initial OTA update but I usually to a factory reset anyway after a major update.

So after the factory reset, a couple of menus in and the reactivation lock kicked in, nothing new here as I've had that with the lollipop version 5.1, but this time after entering my Samsung account details all I got was 'process failed' (Google this, it's more common than you would think) so after endless retrys and a phone call to Samsung customer service, nothing changed!

So the only possible thing I could think of was to revert back to 5.1 using Odin, set phone up and then deactivate Samsung reactivation lock, then update to marshmallow again, all went to plan and it's now running sweet.
I hope this helps at least one person because it was a right pain and time consuming!

Oh man.. That must have been a real pain.. Thanks for sharing though! It's indeed very helpful! :)

Mohammed Mulla1

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
3rd party fonts still working for me. I'm not liking this hybrid touch wiz theme though. Just seems a bit of a mess with the old lollipop colours and new tw icons. Its like the worse of both world's. Lol.

All I wanted was the theme store.

Get the Good Lock app and your phone will look like an S7 - if you have the Marshmallow update on your N910F. Here's mine:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160526-111226.jpg
    Screenshot_20160526-111226.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 57

Mohammed Mulla1

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Are there any other aesthetic changes? Does the TouchWiz launcher now dynamically change the notification bar font color depending on the background? (ie if you have a white background, you get black font) The Galaxy s7 does this as well as iOS

Does if you download the Good Lock app from apkmirror.com. Looks like an S7

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Get the Good Lock app and your phone will look like an S7 - if you have the Marshmallow update on your N910F. Here's mine:

Thanks. I did do that but I miss the weather info and right hand camera shortcut on the lockscreen. Plus my fingerprint scanner doesn't yet work with it.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I did do that but I miss the weather info and right hand camera shortcut on the lockscreen. Plus my fingerprint scanner doesn't yet work with it.

That's the only issue I have with Good Lock on the Note 4 - it doesn't support fingerprint lock (granted I really don't lock my phone with the fingerprint). You are however able to customize your shortcuts on the lockscreen - I currently have five shortcuts on mine, one being the camera.

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

If you didn't know already, you can change the color of the UI as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160526-154143.jpg
    Screenshot_20160526-154143.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 58

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
So I got marshmallow yesterday (I also have the n910f variant of the phone). And so far, indeed things seem to be running smoothly. One thing I do really dislike though is the grey bar at the top of my screen (the one with the time, battery and connection info). It used to be transparent but now it's grey because I have power saving mode one. The only thing that gets rid of the color is switching power saving mode off.. sigh.. That's the one thing that really bothers me, because I really like having that mode on.

Otherwise things to be running well but not a whole lot better from before. Maybe a bit better. If I notice anything, either good or bad, I'll make sure to post about it :)

Btw, how does one go about installing good lock on a note 4? I noticed that it doesn't seem to be out officially for the note and that one has to use apkmirror? Is that safe? Can one go back after? Does good lock offer better performance or just a cleaner, more convenient UI?

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
That's the only issue I have with Good Lock on the Note 4 - it doesn't support fingerprint lock (granted I really don't lock my phone with the fingerprint). You are however able to customize your shortcuts on the lockscreen - I currently have five shortcuts on mine, one being the camera.

Yeah, I only really want the camera though and its better for me on the right hand side. I actually prefer the design of the TW lockscreen tbh.

The notification shade looks real good though.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I finally got mine upgraded took forever but it was worth the wait. I was so tempted to wipe my phone before cause it was restarting on it's own every so often with lollipop. The upgrade my phone has been more stable and even better with the battery.

Mohammed Mulla1

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I only really want the camera though and its better for me on the right hand side. I actually prefer the design of the TW lockscreen tbh.

The notification shade looks real good though.

Yeah true. That was a very convenient feature of the camera shortcut on the lock screen. I miss it as well, hopefully there comes an official version accommodating the shortcut as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87