Does the Note 4 UI run at 1080p?

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I've looked for an answer on this but found nothing. Reason I ask this is because when I go into the gallery, the pull down notification bar looks ultra sharp compared to normal. It got me thinking when I heard the Sony 4K phone onlys runs 4K for photos and video and runs 1080p for system UI.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. My t-mobile note 4, the pull down menu seems just as sharp as the rest of the UI. Are you using a different launcher or the stock touchwiz one?

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
That's weird. My t-mobile note 4, the pull down menu seems just as sharp as the rest of the UI. Are you using a different launcher or the stock touchwiz one?

Yeah I'm running Nova right now buts its the same on TW. Its not that the the pull down looks low quality, but there is a noticeable difference in sharpness when in the gallery app. Unless the gallery app is running through its own display settings but how would that effect the notification shade?

Not a big issue anyway, just interested to why it was happening.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've looked for an answer on this but found nothing. Reason I ask this is because when I go into the gallery, the pull down notification bar looks ultra sharp compared to normal. It got me thinking when I heard the Sony 4K phone onlys runs 4K for photos and video and runs 1080p for system UI.

The Note 4 runs at 2k (1440p) all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn