Samsung Note 4, good for one year?

theMagdy

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
3 out of 4 Samsung note 4 phones we got one year ago started going into constant restart and stopped working. Was an intentionally introduced bug?
Tried all prescribed recovery methods and ended up of a failed to download failed to boot messages. I am now using my reliable $50 windows phone.
I will not buy another $700 phone that lasts one year of a two year carrier plan.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
3 out of 4 Samsung note 4 phones we got one year ago started going into constant restart and stopped working. Was an intentionally introduced bug?
Tried all prescribed recovery methods and ended up of a failed to download failed to boot messages. I am now using my reliable $50 windows phone.
I will not buy another $700 phone that lasts one year of a two year carrier plan.

Did you happen to send them to Samsung? If anything was corrupted, you can't just reflash, it has to have the OS removed and put back on.

That can only be done at Samsung service centers.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is actually a possible symptom of a failing battery.

If one of them is still working fine, move its battery into one of the failing ones. Quick and easy way to check.

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

Hmmm... one year ago. This is (was) often a symptom of a failed update to MM. At the time, did you try a factory reset? In short, my Note 4 runs like a gem 6.0.1. Super phone and can be had for $200 right now on swappa (or so). Great phone. I'm keeping mine until I see how the Note EIGHT goes...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm running a Note 3 - 3-1/2 years old - and it's still running fine.

You could try reflashing the ROM - if the mmc (the chip in the phone where the ROM sits) isn't physically bad, that should fix the problem. (Caution - reflashing the ROM will give you a fresh, out-of-the-box phone, so back up anything you'll want to restore to the phone first - see http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-backing-up-android-phone.html#post4268152 )

bakatenchu

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine is note for international version.. Been running for more than 2 years and working like a champ.. Hardly had any stutter before and even updated to marshmallow.. I'm thinking of going into custom rom soon.. For more battery juice mgmt and new exp.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch