Black 1 Terabyte Z-Fold 5 Inbound from Samsung (Verizon was nightmare on this)

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm upgrading from a Z-Flip 4 as my work phone (daily driver is S23 Ultra 512GB), and decided on Z-Fold 5....I begrudgingly ordered from my carrier, Verizon and was only able to buy the 512GB version...I did, and received it the blue color. Sadly, Wi-Fi did not function correctly on that phone.....straight away from SmartSwitch to fully provisioned with my apps etc., the Wi-Fi would turn off and when turned on would not see any Wi-Fi networks in the area.
I burned 3 hours on the phone and an hour in Verizon store on that and had to return it. They wouldn't take it back at the store (I had it for 36 hours bought by phone from Verizon). So now am waiting fora mailer to return it and have to pay $50 return charge...

So I decided to skip Verizon on the hardware and I ordered an UNLOCKED 1TB Black Z-Fold 5 from Samsung with monthly Samsung Care. You even get to choose whether to require or wave a delivery signature. I very much hope this one has no Wi-Fi issue....I imagine it's unlikely. I'm psyched to get it...They tell me I just call Verizon (for cell service) and tell them to drop my Z-Flip 4 that I traded in for $600 USD to Samsung off my plan and give them the new IMEI and eSIM / ICC # of my new 1TB beast??

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So it took an hour on the phone to get Verizon to activate the phone...eventually I hgad to take the 5G SIM card out of the Z-Flip 4 I was trading in to get the ZF5 activated. It is pretty awesome. Seeing more than 900MB free storage makes me happy as I start downloading local Tidal and Qobuz HD 96Khz music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000