Can Only Unlock Phone w/Backup Password After MM Update

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I reboot my phone, my initial unlock is requiring me to enter my backup password instead of swiping my fingerprint. After that initial login, I can unlock with my fingerprint until the next time I restart my phone, but it's really annoying even having to do it the 1 time.

Is this I new MM feature? Is there a way to turn it off?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I believe that's normal. On my Nexus 6P, I think there's actually an explanation upon booting up that the pattern or password is required for extra security.

BrutalhonestyM

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
This feature which is also already available to IOS users has been implemented for your own security purposes. Unfortunately as far as I am aware you cannot turn it off as is it's there for a reason. You can be compelled to provide your fingerprint and unlock your phone, under current U.S. law (if they have a warrant) but you cannot be forced to enter your password. A precedent was set by the Circuit Court of Virginia in October 2014, and recently upheld and reinforced by a federal court in February 2016 that your fingerprint is not protected by the 5th amendment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty