Note 4 issues the last 4 days.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I've tried 2 different batteries, and there is no rhyme or reason..ie no specific % that it happens at. It happens even when it's plugged in. I did a factory reset and it still behaves the same. It's absolutely insane that a replacement unit is doing the exact same thing my first one did, within 6 months. I read on XDA for solutions as many are having this issue. Some have said the wake lock app worked for them - setting it to partial wake. This so far has seemed to do the trick, but now my music player keeps starting up every so often. LOL. This is a nightmare. I'm calling square trade right now. Am so done with this mess
I was just putting it out there as something to look at. Really sounds OS related if keeping the CPU awake has helped. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems!

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I know. Sorry am just so frustrated as the same thing is happening on the replacement device that happened on the original. What kind of luck is that?! Remind me not to play the lottery lol.

Well that's just it. Has to be OS related if the app is keeping it from happening? Apparently this app is keeping the phone from going in deep sleep or keeping the cpu running in the background. But if it was the OS, wouldn't a factory reset have fixed it?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Might be MM itself if there was an update pushed recently, so a factory reset wouldn't fix it. The OS might need to get reflashed. If you're close to a Bestbuy they should be able to reflash the phone, or your carrier store... hopefully with firmware that's not updated to the latest. Unfortunately, AT&T doesn't release their software so you can't readily download it and flash in Odin. Someone may have released it on XDA though, or even a way to downgrade to LP. At least if you could downgrade, it would prove/disprove a hardware problem. I don't use AT&T, so I only know what I read.

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Seems to do it when Bluetooth is on...odd I never notice it did that before

But flashing and restore did nothing, it's still bad and laggy and reboots on own

MasturB

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm telling you guys I'm convinced it's the software.

This wasn't happening at all until I turned on Wi-Fi and it forced me to download an update.

Once the update finished that's when things went downhill.

Unless we all got hit by a virus.

MasturB

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Just be careful.

My phone died officially because I was in my car listening to music reclined. My Note wouldn't go past the recovery screen. I remember it was at like 40% before it wouldn't go to the home screen anymore. Anyways, I fell asleep for about 30 minutes because it was stuck on the "Installing Update" screen right after the Recovery Mode Odin screen.

When I woke up the phone wouldn't come on anymore. So my advice to you is don't let the battery die out while it's on htat screen or who knows maybe even just from regular usage.

Whatever the case may be this is some serious bull.

Unfortunately I'm upgrading to iPh7plus until after a few months after the Note 8 releases.

---

Side note: What really pissed me off was when I went to the AT&T store. The guy was deadset on trying to sell me a new phone instead of telling me what the problem was. They plugged it in for diagnostics and he wouldn't tell me what was wrong just said I needed to get a new phone. Such BS I almost cussed him out and walked out. I understand he gets commission from sales but he showed no interest in helping me trying to figure out what the actual problem was.

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
MM was pushed to my device about a couple months age - yeah I know it's ATT very slow. Had been working fine up until now. I don't recall any security patches lately but there could have been I don't remember. At any rate, I managed to convince Square Trade to send yet another replacement. But I think before I send the old one back, I will get the Samsung guy at Best Buy to reflash and see if that solves it.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
MM was pushed to my device about a couple months age - yeah I know it's ATT very slow. Had been working fine up until now. I don't recall any security patches lately but there could have been I don't remember. At any rate, I managed to convince Square Trade to send yet another replacement. But I think before I send the old one back, I will get the Samsung guy at Best Buy to reflash and see if that solves it.
Good luck... I hope the 3rd times the charm!

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
there was an update pushed not last month dated Nov. 01-2016 Android 6.01 Baseband N910AUCU2PK1 Build NumberMMB29M, I don't know what it addressed.

JonnyLondon

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I started getting this freeze/reboot issue about a week ago now - I think it was following a security update from my telco.

Build NumberMMB29M

Factory wipe left in vanilla form still causes the issues. (although less frequently) Same in safe mode.

Trying a different battery now so will monitor and report back.

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem with same build number MMB29M
Phone keeps freezing for a while, even in middle of taking a photo, and sometimes just with black screen and only way to restart is to remove battery.

I've had this phone (UK unlocked) about 3 years with little trouble until an update about 8 days ago.

I've tried deleting cache partition as some have advised but no change. Battery isn't old either, it was a genuine replacement a few months ago.

Hoping a new update might fix things. Soon please Samsung!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa