I just bought a Samsung Note 4. (I live in canada)
    I charge it up and Turn in on.
    And the first thing that pops up in this hands free activation screen.
    I cant get into anything. It just tries 5 times then i cant do anything with it.
    any help
    11-28-2016 12:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Hands Free Activation appears to be something specific to Sprint: https://support.sprint.com/support/a...-dvc8470003prd. Sprint in Canada became Rogers -- are you with Rogers? If you're trying to use this phone on a GSM network, you might have problems, since Sprint is a CDMA network.

I found this video about disabling the Hands Free Activation step, but it appears to require root:

11-28-2016 04:38 PM
    So iam with Telus.
    I waiting back to here from the seller (on ebay). Its from a canada ebay store and the posting says
    "This phone is 3G sprint unlocked and will work with any GSM provider worldwide: Rogers, Fido, Bell, Telus, AT&T, etc."
    I found that video online. But my hands free activation screen pop in right when you turn the phone on. It goes into setup right away then to hands free activation screen. I cant access anything. Anyways i know i just should ask the seller. But i want to know what iam getting myself into first.
    Thanks
    ill send a picture of it later
    11-28-2016 06:08 PM
    Are you able to see what the exact model number is in Settings>About Phone?
    11-28-2016 09:13 PM
    Hey let me get you straight to the point ! I've recently bought a note 5 of sprint variant and that handsfree activation problem coming again n again. So here's the solution, if you've reached the on screen display of activation then press the home button to go back. Slide down the notifications panel and long press the activation notification. You'll reach app menu is you're using 6.0 or below. Just force stop that samsung DM service and valla! You won't see it again until you restart your phone again. Tell me if it worked cause I'm doing the same on my note 5.
    Wrelkins420 likes this.
    07-22-2017 10:28 AM
    Thanks. This really helped. (Go to your app manager and view System apps. Force stop Samsung DM)
    07-05-2018 09:50 PM