N4 Battery Life - Is It A Big Risk?

A

AC Question

Have a Note 2 now and thinking of buying a Note 4. Not interested in the other Notes, as I want a removable battery...But I'm concerned about this issue that seems to be frequent with N4s - the so-called bad battery life! Keep reading about how it zonks out at 30%, etc. And have read that this is an "issue" with N4s.

So my question to the community here is - is this really an issue with a lot of n4s? Or is this only with a few devices? How much at risk am I if I buy a new or refurbished n4?

Thank you!

PS: The Note 2 has been incredibly durable (dropped SO many times) and with a great long battery life. When I compare it to cameras out TODAY, I still don't see that much improvement.

But now with a cracked screen (not even that bad, considering how many times I've dropped it) and planning on travelling and taking photos, I want to upgrade.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I've had my original battery conk out like that, but my 3 others have not.
I have one replacement Samung OEM. One Anker, and now one Zerolemon.

With a rooted phone and Zerolemon battery I'm can go almost a week on one charge with moderate use, and 2-3 days on heavier usage.

I have no battery woes anymore. Batteries are so cheap, and Note 4 development is so ripe, I'm gonna hold on to this baby until it's literally dead.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I still have my two original batteries, one that came with the phone and the extra that I got with the external Samsung battery charger. Both still hold a charge all the way down to 5% which is where I normally let my batteries get to before I charge them. My Note 4 is 2.5 years old now. I also have two Samsung batteries that i bought on eBay over a year ago for $12 each that still work just as good today.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Note 4 is the last of the Note line where long-term battery life is really not a problem. It's getting a little long in the tooth and like any AMOLED screen you will have to watch out for burn-in and screen dimming as a natural result of them being used for a few years - but for anywhere between $10-30 you can get a decent-quality replacement, and as long as you aren't concerned about it being a little "plus sized" you can add double- or triple-capacity batteries from a few different manufacturers and not have to worry about battery life unless you are looking at a 1-week camping trip or the Zombie Apocalypse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non