I have a Galaxy Note 5 — ask me about it!

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
nano.....i have an unlimited grandfathered plan and was coming from the note4...upgraded on my daughters note 2 line..thought i'd have to go into verizon to get myself a nano sim after i activated on her line, but the note 5 came with a nano sim for her line on the regular snap out card, and also a sim card was already installed in the phone. i was able to use that one to switch over and activate the phone on my line.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had 3 different S6s that showed the same behavior.

If these were your first lollipop devices, I had the same issue when my S4 was upgraded to lollipop. Missed a handful of important notifications (call and voicemail) before I figured it out. Went to Settings - Sound and Notification, scroll down to "Notifications on lock screen" and select "Show all content". The default was something different and I had no idea people were trying to reach me. Since setting that properly it now works fine for me - I wonder if that's what was going on with your phones?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If these were your first lollipop devices, I had the same issue when my S4 was upgraded to lollipop. Missed a handful of important notifications (call and voicemail) before I figured it out. Went to Settings - Sound and Notification, scroll down to "Notifications on lock screen" and select "Show all content". The default was something different and I had no idea people were trying to reach me. Since setting that properly it now works fine for me - I wonder if that's what was going on with your phones?
Nope. That wasn't it. They weren't coming in at all. And I was getting calls and texts. It was only things like Facebook, emails, and score updates from theScore.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
One more camera question... Does the Pro Mode have manual focus control? (Sorry for mixing up the terms before hehe) Like, true manual focus (a slider from Macro to Infinity).

UltiMatDan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Better than low light/ night shots on the LG G4? Heard they arent as good on the N5. Can you tweak the manual camera settings to make these shots come out a lot better like the G4?

Paradroid01

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Just to get it right: the only way to shrink the window screen size for one hand operation on the note 5 is to tap the home button three times, right? The slide in out gesture doesn't work anymore and there's no side panel in order to activate the shrinked screen format? If so, that's another deal breaker for me (besides the obvious: no removable battery, no micro SD, no IR, no radio). I don't want to tap this damn home button a thousand times a day in order to switch between screen sizes!

Last edited:

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Better than low light/ night shots on the LG G4? Heard they arent as good on the N5. Can you tweak the manual camera settings to make these shots come out a lot better like the G4?

Yes, you have manual shutter speed controls up to 10 seconds. So not quite as long as the g4 (30 sec) but plenty long enough for 99.9% of long exposure photos you'd want to take.

Pokefreak13

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

You have to be careful with a lot of the tests, they are very subjective. I've seen a comparison between the N5 and the 6 Plus that shot in Auto. If you want to test the sensor quality, then you MUST shoot in manual with the same exposure settings. If you're looking just to see which camera does a better job exposing the image on auto, then shooting in auto is obviously what you would do.

To the other person, from what I've seen the N5 doesn't have a MF scale like the G4 but I will be seeing a live Demo today so I can check!

UltiMatDan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I will be curious to hear about it after you check out the demo!

You have to be careful with a lot of the tests, they are very subjective. I've seen a comparison between the N5 and the 6 Plus that shot in Auto. If you want to test the sensor quality, then you MUST shoot in manual with the same exposure settings. If you're looking just to see which camera does a better job exposing the image on auto, then shooting in auto is obviously what you would do.

To the other person, from what I've seen the N5 doesn't have a MF scale like the G4 but I will be seeing a live Demo today so I can check!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa