Verizon Wireless won’t be a part of Samsung Pay

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I know I am probably missing something but we have google wallet why use samsung pay, it's almost like softcard so to speak

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I know I am probably missing something but we have google wallet why use samsung pay, it's almost like softcard so to speak

The difference between samsung pay and android pay(Google's new payment system inspite of having Google wallet) is that Samsung pay will be able to be used at 90% of merchants because of mst whereas android pay can only be used at nfc capable terminals. Samsung pay is the superior payment method with more advanced technology.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Becauxe Samsung Pay does what no other does, including Apple Pay. It works with every type electronic payment terminal used anywhere by any business large or small. In other words the business doesn't have to have a specific type of new termainal.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Because Samsung Pay works with all existing payment terminals as well as the new ones. Because they are not charging banks and sellers to pay a fee to accept Samsung Pay.

Oops! Sorry for the double post.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
When I read the article I said to myself ... No way... It was a random tweet from a random csr at Verizon, about a product that isn't out on a device that isnt out. Sounds like a lot was made of a little.

Most likely verizonnis not an official partners, but they don't need to be. It is carrier independent, so Verizon's position on the subject is moot.

And for a post a few back.. Isis became softcard and Google absorbed softcard, so its no longer.

Wallet vs Android pay... Wallet is for person to person payments (think PayPal) and Android pay is for real world payments. At least that is how they will be eventually.

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Becauxe Samsung Pay does what no other does, including Apple Pay. It works with every type electronic payment terminal used anywhere by any business large or small. In other words the business doesn't have to have a specific type of new termainal.

and how does Samsung the Ferengi profit from all this? :)

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Can Verizon iPhone 6 and 6 Plus use Apple Pay?
Yes because Verizon can't do **** with Apple ... Apple shows them middle finger and says just be a dumb pipe and we will take care of the rest. I wait for a day when Android OEMs treat these useless carriers the same and I know that won't happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Well i guess i am the only person verizon treats well lol. I have had them give me a discount without asking because i bought a phone and the next day it went on sale, they refunded the difference to my account.

I have never had a custo rep be rude.

Nit trying to fanboy Verizon, just stating my experience.

As for Samsung Pay, i will never use it just because using my phone as a debit card isn't my thing. But i can see why some people would be upset if its not allowed.

As for the Verizon logo, my droid Turbo is the first phone in years that doesn't have it, and it didnt make any difference lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well i guess i am the only person verizon treats well lol. I have had them give me a discount without asking because i bought a phone and the next day it went on sale, they refunded the difference to my account.

As for Samsung Pay, i will never use it just because using my phone as a debit card isn't my thing. But i can see why some people would be upset if its not allowed.

As for the Verizon logo, my droid Turbo is the first phone in years that doesn't have it, and it didnt make any difference lol.

My only question is why even remove it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah you aren't being a fan boy :)-- I mean they definitely aren't all bad. Any carrier can have great or horrid customer service. Reps definitely vary from store to store. There are some T-Mobile stores I know to avoid and others I know that are wonderful / hassle free :).

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I glanced over this thread, so I may have missed small details, and I realize not everyone wants to root their phone......However, does anyone think it would be possible to sideload Samsung Pay?

I'm assuming Samsung will open this up to non-Samsung devices and I did successfully sideload Google Wallet back in the day.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I think we should chill and wait till it rolls out. It will be fine. Think positive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think we should chill and wait till it rolls out. It will be fine. Think positive.

Well since the confirmation is from Samsung via Twitter I would say it is more confirmed versus a rumor that we need to wait for.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Samsung sent out a tweet confirming this service will not be on Verizon? I didn't see that. I saw 2 tech sites report on it. If what you said happened I guess things don't look so bright.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Attachments

• sspayverizon.png
    sspayverizon.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 187

Forum statistics

Threads
Members