Note 5 menu button - How do I access it?

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a few programs that I need a menu button to access extra settings. In the past I've been able to long press the recent apps button but with the N5 it brings up the split screen thing.

Probably an easy fix but it is eluding me today.

Posted via the Android Central App

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Note 5 menu button

Really? These must be some seriously outdated apps. The menu button was dropped in kitkat, no?

deng66

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

So far I've only needed on my bank's outdated app. Like the original poster, I was long-pressing the recent apps but finally tried the back button and there it was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

wnflyer

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I'm not having any luck with long pressing the back button. It goes back. Odd. I have an app that I need to access the menu in.

Randy

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

So far I've only needed on my bank's outdated app. Like the original poster, I was long-pressing the recent apps but finally tried the back button and there it was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I got fed up with my bank's garbage app and just loaded their online banking website in Chrome. It worked a lot better. Good luck....

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site

The app in question is Touchdown email client. It's my corporate email client.

I've tried long back press and it works in other programs just not this one. Maybe it's something the developer will have to look at.

ebpman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I am running into the same issue. I contacted Samsung. The connected to my phone and using their remote software made the menu appear in the app. They could not figure out why it won't work from the phone. They think it's a bug

Madmadammim77

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

I have a few programs that I need a menu button to access extra settings. In the past I've been able to long press the recent apps button but with the N5 it brings up the split screen thing.

Probably an easy fix but it is eluding me today.

I am having issues with the lack of a menu button as well. It used to be that when you were writing a text, you could press the menu button and set a later time for the message to be sent. How do I do that now?
I'm really missing that button for several reasons.

zaphb

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

Just ran into this issue too. I can confirm long press of the back button does trigger the "hardware menu button" but that on some apps (or devices?), long-pressing the back button just closes the app or goes back to a previous screen. I made an account here to share a workaround:

In device Settings: Personal > Lock screen and security > Other security settings > Pin windows - turn this feature on. Now, open the app in question, and press the recent apps button and drag the current app up a bit, now that app pinning is enabled, there should be a thumb tack icon on bottom right of the app "card" - tap it to pin the app. You'll be prompted; tap START. The app is now pinned, and the back button will not be allowed to back out of the app (if it still page transitions, this method may not work for you). Long press the back button for the menu. Long press the recent app button to unpin the app.

Cheers.

JYoung007

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same issue when using the Touchdown app. If you hear anything from Symantec, can you please let me know.

Thanks

Paradroid01

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site

So on the Note 5 they switched the button functionality:
Long press back button = menu
Long press recent apps = multi window
Right?

specularius

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

The work around that worked for me was this: settings, personal, accessibility, dexterity and interaction, assistant menu, turn it on and while in the app needing the menu, press the assistant button, scroll to the more options button and that will bring up the menu.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

For these older apps that you are unable to access the in app menu. You can enable a soft menu button by doing the following: Settings>Accessibility>Dexterity and Interaction>Assistant Menu

This will give you a set of soft buttons, one of which is "More Options" or Menu essentially.

NEVER MIND.. I see Specularius already posted it. :p

BrandonS8

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site

I just bought the Galaxy S5 Neo and this menu thing was really annoying me mainly as I use an important app which is outdated and has no 'menu' button on the screen. I spent like 2 hours trying to discover a solution and finally come up with the following:

Go to: Settings / Personal / Accessibility / Dexterity and interaction and press 'Assistant Menu'. Enable this function and a separate button will appear on the screen (all the time) but with it you can access those 'hidden' menu functions.

Hope it helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non