08-31-2017 11:27 PM
37 12
tools
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "Try changing the USB mode from Charging to MTP." You are talking over my level of PC knowledge. You need to write it for a novice, I'll go the Google Photos route.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    07-27-2016 06:07 PM
    I don't see any SideSync app on my Note 5.
    07-27-2016 06:10 PM
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "Try changing the USB mode from Charging to MTP." You are talking over my level of PC knowledge. You need to write it for a novice, I'll go the Google Photos route.
    You can change the USB mode on the Note 5. When you connect it to a computer via a USB cable, the Note 5 defaults to charging mode just like when you connect the Note 5 to its USB cable and the power adapter.

In the Notification bar, there should be an option that allows you to change from charging to MTP - when the Note 5 is connected to your computer via the USB cable (see article below for animated example). Once you change to MTP mode, your Note 5 should soon show up as a drive in Windows Explorer.

The article below is not specifically about the Note 5, however, it provides a general example.
    Inside Marshmallow: USB connection options | Android Central

This article has an animation that shows where to click in the Notification menu to change the USB mode.
    Move Music Files to Device - Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Verizon Wireless
    07-28-2016 06:09 AM
    This is what I did to solve transfer to pc issue with Note 5 Android ver 6.0.1. In Settings, go to Mobile Hotspot and Tethering. Turn on USB tethering. This caused windows to install the usb driver. Then I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable. Then pull down from top of screen. Where it says "Charging" touch for other options and at "Use USB for" select file transfer. Now you should see "Phone" in explorer window of pc. Cheers!
    07-31-2016 11:36 AM
    Quick and easy transfer.

1. Plug usb cord up between the phone and pc...make sure phone is on.
    2. Pull down screen on your phone and you will see "charging"
    3. Tap where it says charging and you will see "Use USB" for"
    Charging
    File Transfer
    Photo Transfer
    Software Transfer
    MIDI
    4. Select Photo Transfer .... and then you will see the files and folders in your File Explorer

That's it, really simple.... but it took some playing around to figure it out.
    08-03-2016 04:47 PM
    Didn't really think this was asked.
    Steps
    Remove the USB cord from the charger
    Plug the USB cord that charges your phone to note 5
    Plug the other end to a USB port on your computer, there is at least one port maybe 2 or 3
    Windows will automatically install the drivers
    Windows will automatically pop up the note 5 folder
    Browse the note 5 folder and find folder named dcim
    All your photos and videos you took with your phone will be there
    Copy and paste the files to a new folder you created on your computer
    For whatsapp and other messaging services each will have their own folder for media under media folder on note 5
    Copy paste those as well

Simple as simple gets
    I connected usb to my phone and my laptop and it says there are no photos. There are over 300 photos. Never had this problem with my previous samsung galaxy note
    09-03-2016 08:55 PM
    very simple ......swipe down from top to bottom your phone screen , then tap default usb settings ....then tap on photo transfer . that simple cheers!
    10-04-2016 06:08 PM
    I tried that connection but my phone was not recognized by my desktop (Mac). I was able to do it by putting the photos in Google Drive, then opening Drive on the other device.
    10-04-2016 07:40 PM
    This was always the way I could transfer photos before, but all of a sudden, it says my phone is locked and won't allow me to progress any further. I don't even know how to lock my phone, so what the heck is going on?
    10-16-2016 07:17 PM
    Thank you!! It's taken 2 days and a suspicious software download to find your answer; I was searching in the files on the phone and couldn't find where all the photos and videos were, so now I know it's the DCIM file. SO easy.
    Thanks again.
    02-11-2017 09:54 AM
    Unlock your phone
    08-14-2017 11:28 AM
    This is what I did to solve transfer to pc issue with Note 5 Android ver 6.0.1. In Settings, go to Mobile Hotspot and Tethering. Turn on USB tethering. This caused windows to install the usb driver. Then I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable. Then pull down from top of screen. Where it says "Charging" touch for other options and at "Use USB for" select file transfer. Now you should see "Phone" in explorer window of pc. Cheers!
    My buddy dropped his phone and the LCD died, we'd like to back up photos and videos asap, but the screen is completely black. When I connect the phone to a w7 desktop w/USB the File Explorer shows "No Files Found" or something close to that. Is there a way to have the phone automatically compe up in MTP or PTP mode when plugging in the USB cable, by holding down some combination of buttons? Or is there a command line command or program I can use to change the mode over the USB cable?

Is it true that when I connect using USB then swipe down from the top of the screen there is always a 3rd choice to click and that will enable MTP mode, a little more than half way down the screen? If it's always in teh same position I'm thinking I can hit it by guesswork. (It's not my phone, I have a Nexus 5x, so I'm not familiar with the menus.)

TIA, Mike
    08-31-2017 11:27 PM
37 12