I just got my Note 5 yesterday, and I am curious if fast charging can be disabled on the phone. The Note 4 had a toggle to enable/disable in battery settings as the Note 5 does not. I just want to disable it when I do not need to quick charge it all the time. I still believe charging batteries quickly reduces the battery life span. Other than that the phone is absolutely wonderful, and batter life seems great. Thanks
    08-22-2015 08:31 AM
    Just use a regular Samsung charger. Not the one that came with it.
    PinkLipstick likes this.
    08-22-2015 08:36 AM
    I just got my Note 5 yesterday, and I am curious if fast charging can be disabled on the phone. The Note 4 had a toggle to enable/disable in battery settings as the Note 5 does not. I just want to disable it when I do not need to quick charge it all the time. I still believe charging batteries quickly reduces the battery life span. Other than that the phone is absolutely wonderful, and batter life seems great. Thanks
    Doesn't appear to be an option. I have yet to see a way to turn off the fast charge as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2015 10:50 AM
    What a joke!?
    08-22-2015 10:53 AM
    Just use a regular Samsung charger. Not the one that came with it.
    I'm don't see the on/off feature for the quick charge an issue. If you don't want the fast charge, then use a regular charger.

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig
    08-23-2015 12:22 AM
    Why do you want to disable it?
    08-23-2015 05:03 AM
    As I said, I feel like any battery that gets charged fast, it reduces the battery life span overall. Plus most people plug the phone in before going to bed, so why fast charge it over night?
    08-23-2015 05:55 PM
    As I said, I feel like any battery that gets charged fast, it reduces the battery life span overall. Plus most people plug the phone in before going to bed, so why fast charge it over night?
    You feel like it reduces the battery life or you know because there is proven study that shows this?

These batteries were made to charge fast, that isn't new technology, though it is newer technology to cell phones.
    08-23-2015 06:36 PM
    So, did you find it or not on Note 5 ?
    08-24-2015 08:23 AM
    Samsung seems to emphasize and make a big deal out of fast charge. I am loving it on Note 5. Was there a study or evidence fast charge feature having impact to the life of battery, at least on Note 4?
    08-24-2015 10:19 AM
    Samsung seems to emphasize and make a big deal out of fast charge. I am loving it on Note 5. Was there a study or evidence fast charge feature having impact to the life of battery, at least on Note 4?
    Any study I have seen has shown that if it degrades any, it isn't even a noticeable amount.
    AquilaChill likes this.
    08-24-2015 10:29 AM
    Yes you can. On my international dual sim note 5 I can.

Settings
    Than go to accessories

You should see the fast charging option

08-31-2015 07:30 PM
    Yes you can. On my international dual sim note 5 I can.

Settings
    Than go to accessories

You should see the fast charging option

Could you be so kind and describe me where exactly do you see "accessories" menu?
    I'm asking because I have the same model of note5 like You, but I can't find this menu

I really would like to turn fast recharging off, because I exactly know from my experiences with Samsung galaxy note edge, that during days when my battery has been recharged via fast mode battery was empty around after 13 hours of using, but when I ve chosen regular recharging then daily battery life was prolonged even to 20 hours.
    So that's why your helomis so important for me
    03-24-2016 07:14 PM
    Go to settings, then battery and turn off fast cable charging.

03-24-2016 08:36 PM