03-10-2016 06:33 AM
30 12
tools
    I'm new to the Note series. I've always liked the idea of the S pen, but the size was what stopped me from getting one. After the S5 and seeing the Ip6+ from coworkers, I got one.

I do like to write with the Spen. One reason I got this was the ability to write on the screen with the phone off (no more lost thoughts).
    Took a pic and wrote on that.
    Found you can do a screen shot with it, and just what I want (yeah, no cropping) and then write in that.
    Also I realized 2 games the S Pen works great for. One is "Word Search". You have to highlight the words you find and I found it difficult with my fingers, but so easy with the S Pen. Also "Spider" solitaire. The cards are tiny and the Spen works in moving then easier.

What are some other features you use the S Pen for?

ETA - I did read the post about not putting it in backwards and will avoid that.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=569378

*Note 5*
    08-22-2015 06:48 PM
    Which word search app? There's a bunch. Thanks!

Posted via my Note 5
    08-22-2015 06:59 PM
    Which word search app? There's a bunch. Thanks!

Posted via my Note 5
    "Word Search" by Melimots

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ots.WordSearch

Posted via the *Note 5*
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-22-2015 07:30 PM
    One thing I have used it for with every Note, is if I need to write down info while on a call. The Note 2 would automatically pop up a blank Note if you pulled the pen out while on a call. The Note 4 would save that Note with the call. If you looked on the call log, the Note was there by that specific call to that number.

I think they have taken a lot of options away from the action memo that the Note 4 had, but I'm not sure yet, haven't had time to play with the spen yet and see.
    James8561 likes this.
    08-23-2015 04:59 AM
    Yes that does work. That is nice. Thanks for the tip.

I just called my work and since I'm home got my voice mail, but was able to use the S Pen. My Note stayed up too and I just deleted it.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    08-23-2015 08:03 AM
    What are some "Shortcuts" others have added to the Air Command?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    08-23-2015 07:47 PM
    I haven't added any yet, but for some reason that question reminded me of something. There is an app you might want, PicsArt. You can draw and write and not having to use the spen, but also there are other things you can do with the spen. It's a free app. There are also other edit options.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...picsart.studio
    08-23-2015 08:28 PM
    What are some "Shortcuts" others have added to the Air Command?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    MyScript Calculator & OneNote.

OneNote is by far my most used data organization app. I keep track of everything in it. OneNote is like a giant filing cabinet I carry around in my phone that syncs to my laptop and desktop.

MyScript calculator is just really cool. You can write out a math equation by hand and it will calculate for you. With two kids in Highschool and one starting collage, this comes in handy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    James8561 likes this.
    08-23-2015 08:41 PM
    On the previous Note phones, you could hover the tip of the pen near the top or bottom of the screen to scroll up or down. I haven't looked into it much on this phone, but the option wasn't there in Google Chrome. Hopefully they didn't remove that feature.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 09:51 PM
    There are many suggested uses in the Note 4 forum.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=557303

Plus other S pen threads if you search for them.
    08-23-2015 10:17 PM
    There are many suggested uses in the Note 4 forum.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=557303

Plus other S pen threads if you search for them.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Do all those Note 4 options work with the 5?

I have searched and been watching this note 5 section since August 21 so I'm getting more familiar with it.

ETA: Checking the thread out now.
    Posted via the *Note 5*
    jpioroda likes this.
    08-24-2015 03:21 AM
    S Note Expention Pack! Did you Download it? -- You can find it by opening up the S Note App, choosing More, then choosing More Features.. I finally downloaded it this morning. It apparently has in the extension pack that includes advanced tricks like a heartier toolbar and shape recognition, handwriting "transformation" and the ability to record sketches.
    Dr Footie likes this.
    08-24-2015 11:55 AM
    Note 4 features are still on the spen, you just get to them in a different way.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...xy-note-5.html
    08-24-2015 07:49 PM
    You can even write and address, tap more, link to action and scroll to the GPS icon and it will map it and be ready to navigate.
    Attached Thumbnails New Note User --S Pen?-1440464004831.jpg  
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-24-2015 07:53 PM
    I started graduate school today and I was using my S Pen to take notes on .pdfs.
    debdroid1a and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-24-2015 08:01 PM
    A simple but useful idea:
    Take a screenshot of a Google Map and write or draw on it to help someone understand where to go or meet on a map.

I've done this a few times to describe to someone where to park their car and how to walk from the parking lot from one building to the next. Very handy.
    James8561 and debdroid1a like this.
    08-24-2015 08:19 PM
    S Note Expention Pack! Did you Download it? -- You can find it by opening up the S Note App, choosing More, then choosing More Features.. I finally downloaded it this morning. It apparently has in the extension pack that includes advanced tricks like a heartier toolbar and shape recognition, handwriting "transformation" and the ability to record sketches.
    I can't seem to find the handwriting "transformation" setting. Does this turn handwritten text into actual text? Am I just missing it?
    08-24-2015 09:17 PM
    I'm a long time paper Moleskine notebook user and downloaded their app last year, but didn't use it to much. The spen works ok on it to write with as you can see by the attachment.

Just a warning, if you lock a notebook, type in the password accurately. You get one chance and if it's wrong you have the notebook forever locked. Just found out. I'm going to let then one they need a verify password feature.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Attached Thumbnails New Note User --S Pen?-643.jpg  
    08-25-2015 07:45 AM
    I can't seem to find the handwriting "transformation" setting. Does this turn handwritten text into actual text? Am I just missing it?
    This is in the basic S Note app. No add-ons needed.

See the 1, 2, 3 below.
    1. Choose the selection tool
    2. Select your text
    3. Choose Transform into
    4. Choose Text
    Attached Thumbnails New Note User --S Pen?-1440506842854.jpg   New Note User --S Pen?-1440506903418.jpg  
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-25-2015 07:48 AM
    This is in the basic S Note app. No add-ons needed.

See the 1, 2, 3 below.
    1. Choose the selection tool
    2. Select your text
    3. Choose Transform into
    4. Choose Text
    Thanks! I didn't know how that worked either.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    08-25-2015 07:51 AM
    I haven't tried out much with my phone yet, I do know for handwriting it used to be the Samsung keyboard did great recognition, better than everyone. I don't use the Samsung keyboard now. It is nice to know you can put your hand on the screen while writing, that used to cause problems. Makes it much easier to write if you can do that.
    08-25-2015 11:04 AM
    I can't figure out how do a check list in s note, like the one that they showed in the Note 5 commercial. When I hit 'list' in the s note app it just takes me back to all of my saved notes.
    08-25-2015 01:26 PM
    I can't figure out how do a check list in s note, like the one that they showed in the Note 5 commercial. When I hit 'list' in the s note app it just takes me back to all of my saved notes.
    The one on the commercial isn't an actual checklist.. just using a background that looks like it.

For a functional checklist, use an action memo then link it to an action (task).
    Imprzya likes this.
    08-25-2015 01:32 PM
    I use Color Note in the Play Store. It is free, it syncs and you can do a list or text. With the list you can tap it and it will mark things off the list. I've been using it for a while now and use it for a grocery list a lot and for recipes. You can sort things by Note color also.
    debdroid1a and Imprzya like this.
    08-25-2015 01:39 PM
    If anyone does Zentangle, here's another source for that. I do not draw and my zentangles, although they're not suppose to be perfect, aren't close enough to show here. I've put a few on my intsagram, but not many. They're more badly drawn doodles. However, this can work. I also had another pen shape saved (a brush) and was trying to get to new pen tips and couldn't remember how, so I found this one in my lower left hand corner.
    08-26-2015 05:32 PM
30 12