galaxy note 5 lag?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As a 'full' app, yes. But you can use most texting apps (even the stock one) to reply and view texts, and for IM you can use Whatsapp, FB Messenger, etc. They all work with Android Wear, you just can't summon the app on the watch, you have to reply to messages or have initiated the conversation from your phone.

josh3323

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes! Lag while browsing, texting, and right after I hit the call button. This phone also has lag on the stylus. I placed my Note 4 and 5 together and drew on them. The Note 4 has been updated many times, so refining the software has to be a factor. I'm testing out this Note 5 for 2 weeks, but so far I like it. Just might make this my go to phone. I think software updates will fix the minor lag .

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I would exchange it for another note 5. I had the same problem and I exchanged and this one is perfect. FYI after your 14 days it's urs so make sure u get one that works properly

Posted via the Android Central App

Dave Bressi

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I charged mine last night on the wireless charger. Woke up. Texting all day with the stock app is horrendous. It did download some things via the samsung apps yesterday but I cant recall what it even was. Cleared the cache and seems to be working a little better but still laggy. Earlier while texting it was Lagging a full second behind at least. a week with this phone and more issues than with my M8. It sure does take nice pictures though :/

Last edited:

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
As a 'full' app, yes. But you can use most texting apps (even the stock one) to reply and view texts, and for IM you can use Whatsapp, FB Messenger, etc. They all work with Android Wear, you just can't summon the app on the watch, you have to reply to messages or have initiated the conversation from your phone.

Which is why I use Google Hangouts because I can use it to interact with people through the app on my watch. That's what Samsung said at their event months ago, ONLY Google Hangouts work with communication through the watch. Regular SMS does not do it.

Willyman

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I've seen some stuttering on my Note 5--nothing serious, though. And we'll never see an Android version that's silky smooth.

Well, I don't know if it's nothing serious, but the difference between this Note 5 and my Oneplus One is staggering.

Main issues I notice are when scrolling through lists in apps like Youtube (e.g. video subscriptions) and Facebook (newsfeed). On the OP1 it's always buttery smooth. On the Note 5 it's never smooth... it always stutters.

Can people share there experiences with these apps? It's making me think there's an issue with this device. Is scrolling perfectly smooth on your device in these apps>

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed one bit of lag. I had the Galaxy S6 and that had some lag but not on my note 5!! Happy camper here.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
No lag here either for me. This has been the smoothest Galaxy phone I have had.
And I have had every "S" model and Note model....besides the S6 and S6 Edge/Plus.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
i don't know why people use chrome in android...in pc i use it but in android it's the worst...i used it in note 2 3 4 and it always so lag and have lot of problems...

in android opera and firefox are the best...

and please wait all for android M because lollipop is the worst android ever made in term of speed and no lag

Last edited:

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I've been using iphones from 3gs to 4s and iphone6 (for 2 weeks), galaxy s3 to galaxy s6 and i can say that IOS is definitely smoother and much more snappy. Especially during scrolling in almost every apps I used. Right now I'm considering the note 5 but Im not 100% sure because of the lag and stutter from the galaxy series.. Does the note5 come even close to the scrolling and snappy experience that the IOS gives you? This is the only concern cause I'm anal about the user experience.

glock115

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I probably purchase anywhere between 4-8 phones a year and this is the smoothest android phone i've ever owned.
I have not had a hint of lag, at least not yet. Love this phone so far

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't know if it's nothing serious, but the difference between this Note 5 and my Oneplus One is staggering.

Main issues I notice are when scrolling through lists in apps like Youtube (e.g. video subscriptions) and Facebook (newsfeed). On the OP1 it's always buttery smooth. On the Note 5 it's never smooth... it always stutters.

Can people share there experiences with these apps? It's making me think there's an issue with this device. Is scrolling perfectly smooth on your device in these apps>

No lag, no stuttering. Silky smooth scrolling, even on FB Beta.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using iphones from 3gs to 4s and iphone6 (for 2 weeks), galaxy s3 to galaxy s6 and i can say that IOS is definitely smoother and much more snappy. Especially during scrolling in almost every apps I used. Right now I'm considering the note 5 but Im not 100% sure because of the lag and stutter from the galaxy series.. Does the note5 come even close to the scrolling and snappy experience that the IOS gives you? This is the only concern cause I'm anal about the user experience.

You can only tell until you actually try one for yourself, but so far, every iFriend I've shown the Note 5 to have all said the same thing: it's finally as smooth as and more feature-packed than an iPhone.

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I came over from an iPhone and I have not had any lag. Lag was one of the reasons I left Android when I had a GS3.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigersusyt