S Pen Click Before Removing from Silo, Annoying?

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I am on the verge of moving to the Note 5 but having to click the S pen before removing it seems like an extra step that did not exist before. Does this bother anyone who came from the Note 4? I like the idea of writing on the screen without it having to entirely open the phone but I can certainly get to jotting down a note quicker on my Note 4 than I can on the Note 5 because of this extra step.

Anyone bothered by this?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not bothered by it, but I would prefer it to be like it was before.
I don't really see the point in the clicker. I serves no real function that I've seen.

unknownuser02

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I came from a Note 3. Having the extra step doesn't phase me at all. I actually like the clicker because it gives me something to fiddle with.

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay, thanks for the feedback. I mostly liked the Note phones because they crammed so many different functions into them with industry leading specs. The Note 5 went more for build quality at the expense of some basic functionality. This "clicker" seems like more of that to me. I do like how quick the phone is and the camera is also a step up. I just have to mentally get to the place that I am willing to give up the few functions that I will lose by upgrading. After that this S pen "feature" shouldn't overly bother me either. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the only reason they added the clicking was so that they could keep it flush with the phone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The clicker it makes so much easier to remove the pen if you use a case or have stubby fingers or short finger nails. IMO this provides a better experience for a lot more users.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the clicking method. I keep my nails cut so its much easier to remove the s-pen on the Note 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member