New to Android and the Note 5

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey Android Central,

I've just bought my Note 5 earlier today and made the move from an iPhone 6.

I have a few questions that I can't seem to figure out. I got the Note 5 which have a sim slot that can hold up to two different nano simcards. The problem is I am a little bugged by the 'no service' on my notification bar on the lockscreen. Is there a way to remove this? It seems like the 'no service' is coming from Sim 2 as Sim 1 says Telkmosel which is my Indonesian network (please see attached picture).

And the other problem is I have always loved the look of pure Android on the Nexus. So I installed the material design theme and installed the Google Now Launcher as well. But then the icons did not change, like the phone app icon. I am unsure of what is causing this as well.

Other than that, I am enjoying my Note 5 really well, it's a beautiful and powerful device =)

Thank you in advance,

TripleOne

Attachments

• 1443708854052.jpg
    1443708854052.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 73
  • 1443708970050.jpg
    1443708970050.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Well, you can try a different launcher. Nova should be able to alter the all the icons to stock Android. It would be in settings>Looks and feel as I recall.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey TripleOne, welcome to the forums!

It seems that you have one SIM card inserted in the slot 2 and none in 1. With most dual SIM phones is recommended using slot 1 for the carrier you'll be using mobile data. Not sure about the Note 5 though. Is there any reason to prefer slot 2?

Removing the notification on the lock screen it's not so easy. It'll depend on your carrier or you'll need to root your phone.

You can change the size of the icons and even hide the status bar using a custom launcher like Nova.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey TripleOne, welcome to the forums!

It seems that you have one SIM card inserted in the slot 2 and none in 1. With most dual SIM phones is recommended using slot 1 for the carrier you'll be using mobile data. Not sure about the Note 5 though. Is there any reason to prefer slot 2?

Removing the notification on the lock screen it's not so easy. It'll depend on your carrier or you'll need to root your phone.

You can change the size of the icons and even hide the status bar using a custom launcher like Nova.

Hey Javier, I actually have both sims installed. I turned off my second Sim in the setting since it's an overseas number.

I am about to give nova launcher a shot.

Thanks for the help =)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey Javier, I actually have both sims installed. I turned off my second Sim in the setting since it's an overseas number.

I am about to give nova launcher a shot.

Thanks for the help =)

Oh, I see. Both of you posted while I was still writing my reply and only noticed now :)

Tell us if you need help setting Nova up.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh, I see. Both of you posted while I was still writing my reply and only noticed now :)

Tell us if you need help setting Nova up.

Hahaha =p

It works great, icons looks just like those on Nexus/Lollipop.

I still can't get rid of the 'no service' on the lock screen though =(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harmeet123