Hey Android Central,

I've just bought my Note 5 earlier today and made the move from an iPhone 6.

I have a few questions that I can't seem to figure out. I got the Note 5 which have a sim slot that can hold up to two different nano simcards. The problem is I am a little bugged by the 'no service' on my notification bar on the lockscreen. Is there a way to remove this? It seems like the 'no service' is coming from Sim 2 as Sim 1 says Telkmosel which is my Indonesian network (please see attached picture).

And the other problem is I have always loved the look of pure Android on the Nexus. So I installed the material design theme and installed the Google Now Launcher as well. But then the icons did not change, like the phone app icon. I am unsure of what is causing this as well.

Other than that, I am enjoying my Note 5 really well, it's a beautiful and powerful device =)

Thank you in advance,

TripleOne
    Attached Thumbnails New to Android and the Note 5-1443708854052.jpg   New to Android and the Note 5-1443708970050.jpg  
    10-01-2015 09:18 AM
    Welcome to the forums. You kind of lost me at Duos Note 5. Is Duos your carrier?
    10-01-2015 09:32 AM
    Welcome to the forums. You kind of lost me at Duos Note 5. Is Duos your carrier?
    Nope, it's an unlocked Note 5, but the sim slot can hold up to two nano simcards =)
    10-01-2015 09:41 AM
    Ok. Well, you can try a different launcher. Nova should be able to alter the all the icons to stock Android. It would be in settings>Looks and feel as I recall.
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-01-2015 09:45 AM
    Hey TripleOne, welcome to the forums!

It seems that you have one SIM card inserted in the slot 2 and none in 1. With most dual SIM phones is recommended using slot 1 for the carrier you'll be using mobile data. Not sure about the Note 5 though. Is there any reason to prefer slot 2?

Removing the notification on the lock screen it's not so easy. It'll depend on your carrier or you'll need to root your phone.

You can change the size of the icons and even hide the status bar using a custom launcher like Nova.
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-01-2015 09:48 AM
    Hey TripleOne, welcome to the forums!

It seems that you have one SIM card inserted in the slot 2 and none in 1. With most dual SIM phones is recommended using slot 1 for the carrier you'll be using mobile data. Not sure about the Note 5 though. Is there any reason to prefer slot 2?

Removing the notification on the lock screen it's not so easy. It'll depend on your carrier or you'll need to root your phone.

You can change the size of the icons and even hide the status bar using a custom launcher like Nova.
    Hey Javier, I actually have both sims installed. I turned off my second Sim in the setting since it's an overseas number.

I am about to give nova launcher a shot.

Thanks for the help =)
    Javier P likes this.
    10-01-2015 10:00 AM
    Hey Javier, I actually have both sims installed. I turned off my second Sim in the setting since it's an overseas number.

I am about to give nova launcher a shot.

Thanks for the help =)
    Oh, I see. Both of you posted while I was still writing my reply and only noticed now

Tell us if you need help setting Nova up.
    10-01-2015 10:09 AM
    Oh, I see. Both of you posted while I was still writing my reply and only noticed now

Tell us if you need help setting Nova up.
    Hahaha =p

It works great, icons looks just like those on Nexus/Lollipop.

I still can't get rid of the 'no service' on the lock screen though =(
    10-01-2015 10:44 AM
    Yep, the launcher has no control over the lock screen. There's no much you can do about that
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-01-2015 11:34 AM
    Yep, the launcher has no control over the lock screen. There's no much you can do about that
    Alrighty then =(

Thanks again for your help =)
    10-01-2015 09:49 PM