11-23-2016 09:35 PM
60 123
    the app CAR DASHDROID is nice . Opens on bluetooth Connection automatically and reads texts and prompts for a reply or cancel also closes app upon bluetooth disconnect, ie car turn off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-19-2015 06:56 PM
    OK. I'm a recent convert, having carried a Nokia 1520 for some time. I switched because many of the apps that I needed didn't look like they'd ever come to Windows Phone. That said, one of the functions I'm finding I'm desperately missing now is killing me.

When I was driving anywhere and someone would send me a text message on Windows Phone, it would automatically trigger my car bluetooth (or headset) and say: "Incoming text message from XYZ, read it or ignore" then I could tell it read it, after it read it aloud, I could say "reply" and voice to text a response.

This was instant.

I have the Note5, and some google results turned up Assist, but that seems to be a motorola only app. I've googled other threads and nothing really for sure.. I'm glad I have the other apps, but has anything come along on this.. as right now, AT&T's stupid "Drive" function (which I ended up disabling as it is killing battery and is also seemingly dropping out calls/etc) doesn't work, I'd rather messages pile up then this auto-lock response BS
    I have come to Note 5 from Windows phone too. If you find a good solution for this please let me know
    11-21-2015 04:59 PM
    I have come to Note 5 from Windows phone too. If you find a good solution for this please let me know
    Cardashdroid or speakittome apps both perform said functions on note5. I prefer cardashdroid because of its on and off automatically when car bluetooth connects and disconnects

11-21-2015 05:07 PM
    I'm yet another Lumia 1520 refugee. I'm about 99% of the way to getting text reading/replying working the way I want to with ReadItToMe. The only "bug" in my system is that music and podcasts continue to play as the voice is reading the message. (I really don't want to just lower the volume - pausing would be better.) The media does stop when the program takes the reply, though. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I thought I had this working at one point.
    12-29-2015 09:05 PM
    This sounds like somthing that would be awesome for Google to integrate into 'Google now' I would use it if it were.

12-29-2015 09:28 PM
    As with a previous poster, I use Agent and have for quite some time now.
    Works perfectly - all the time.
    I have most of its features turned off, except for the SMS read/answer while driving function, and the great auto-answer function while driving.
    Check it out.
    Geezer Squid likes this.
    12-30-2015 07:22 AM
    From the description, it doesn't appear that Agent will take dictation to reply to an SMS. Or am I reading that wrong?

Drive Agent is triggered by bluetooth and motion sensing (activity detection). It can be configured to read SMS messages aloud, respond with voice, auto respond to texters and callers to let them know you’re driving (editable message) & only respond to your own hand-picked list
    12-30-2015 07:37 AM
    Ah. They have in beta the speech to SMS. I'll try it!
    12-30-2015 07:45 AM
    Agent has had the ability to do speech to text for responding to SMS since I started using it long time ago. Not sure what the beta reference is about.
    Just try it!
    gblinckmann likes this.
    12-30-2015 09:02 AM
    Thank you for the tip! This is working great now. I also turned on the feature to track parking. I never remember to hit a manual version of this when I park somewhere. Having this automatic should work out much better.
    01-03-2016 06:34 PM
    Can you initiate the text message function with Agent? With Cortana, you can send a text, set a reminder, look up information, and add a calendar entry over Bluetooth in the car. Haven't found anything in Google Play that is that adept over the car BT.
    01-16-2016 11:25 PM
    I'm using Google Now to initiate texts. I'd really like it if Cortana for Android handled all of it, but she just isn't there yet. Not on Android, at least.
    01-17-2016 06:53 AM
    I just downloaded Read it to Me and it looks and works nice. It would be much better if there would be an option to be able to switch automatically between the bluetooth if connected use that only, and if the bluetooth is off to automatically go back to the phones speaker. Now you have to remember to switch each time.
    01-17-2016 09:55 AM

I had the same issue. I loved my windows phone. did you ever find a way to utilize the bluetooth text messages. I drive all the time and some of my clients txt me with information and I need to respond quickly. I have down load several apps but none come thru my Motorola blue tooth. Please advice if you solved the issue.

southbayj likes this.
    01-24-2016 07:54 PM
    My experiences with the texting over Bluetooth in the car using two Android devices have been sadly lacking to say the least. Maybe it is the age of the vehicles (2011 and 2013) and the fact the UCONNECT systems aren't as feature rich as in new vehicles? Neither the G4 or the Priv operate as seamlessly with the cars' Bluetooth functions as my 1520 used to. And as I have mentioned in other posts, it is a slew of functions like directions, reminders, setting calendar entries, etc., not just texting. I have actually resorted back to a using a Windows Mobile phone in the car! It just works!!!

southbayj likes this.
    02-21-2016 05:09 AM
    On Android from a L830 I still have it using a ZTE go phone now. Has almost everything except the mentioned cortana integration and lacks in groove in not reading any folders at all on the phone. Have a music pass. I do miss the live tiles but I'm learning to live without it.
    southbayj likes this.
    03-08-2016 05:14 PM
    Wow! I did the same thing. Actually loved my Windows Phone, but the App Store is so limited. Cortana is great for this, in the car.

Question: How to I get RedItToMe to only work when paired with my blue tooth in the car?
    03-15-2016 03:18 PM
    How do you go about pairing this with a Blue tooth?
    03-15-2016 03:20 PM
    I would prefer it to work ONLY on the Bluetooth. Can that be set?
    03-15-2016 03:23 PM
    I've been using Tasker for a couple years to read me texts when connect via headphones or bluetooth. I can specify which bluetooth devices I want it to work with too (by MAC address) as I don't care to have it read them out loud when connected to my bluetooth speaker. Could further define to read out loud if I'm moving (in a car), only at home, or whatnot. Tasker is a fantastic app once you get past the learning curve!
    03-16-2016 08:15 AM
    How do you pair it to your car's Bluetooth?
    03-16-2016 03:05 PM
    Same problem as original poster. Wifes Lumia phone is a POS, but the car integration is perfect. No buttons to push, no additional apps or hardware requried.

I looked at the video for Readittome...in the demo the app instantly reads the message.

On the wife's phone...it says you received a message from ---
    So you can ignore or read it.

After you read it you can reply or cancel

It doesn't look like the Readitome app does that...and it appears the closest in functionality to the bone stock Windows phone.

Any updates on this topic...( I want to get the wife an S5 or S7 maybe...)
    05-29-2016 04:40 PM
    The MAIN reason I switched to a Lollipop HTC One M8 is PRECISELY because Microsoft is STUPIDLY dragging their feet adding MIRRORLINK or a decent facsimile to WP8 and now WP10. My Lumia was THE BEST bluetooth integration with my new Civic, but ability to lay in a GPS route in the hotel room, then just plug the phone in and see it in the car's IVI is REALLY THE CAT'S PANTIES!!! I'd get a new M$ phone in a HEARTBEAT if somebody hacked Android Auto into it so I could approximate mirrorlink functionality in WP10.

Why no smart programmer has taken up this challenge is way beyond me. Wish I had time to do it.
    07-04-2016 11:05 AM
    Thank you for the tip! This is working great now. I also turned on the feature to track parking. I never remember to hit a manual version of this when I park somewhere. Having this automatic should work out much better.
    How's Agent working for you lately? The latest user reviews for it are not good, something about it having been transferred to a new owner and not being updated for a long time.

Anyway, in the same boat as everyone else. WAF has plummeted to new lows over this one issue after switching to Android. Lots of tears lol. As someone else mentioned, Readittome might be the best, but it doesn't ask before reading messages out loud. Agent now looks shady. And Google Now kind of sort of works, but it doesn't automatically notify over Bluetooth if a message comes in.
    07-14-2016 10:47 AM
    I'll chime in to offer that Agent, which was once awesome a while back, now is total crapware.
    It seems that the company has been sold and the new owners are clueless.

Just use Google Now. You can ask it to "read my last 5 messages", or "read my last message". Works perfectly for me, every time. I can reply without looking at or touching the phone, and Google Now will read it back if I say "Read it", once it acquires my verbal message.

I've tried out, and purchased a bunch of apps for hands-free texting while driving and they all suck. You can look up my previous threads on the subject.

Google Now.
    I love it.
    07-14-2016 06:53 PM
60 123