I've always used SwiftKey but have been using the Samsung keyboard lately since I got the note 5. One thing I like about the Samsung keyboard is the ability to add shortcuts. For example, I've added "zz" so when I type that my email pops in.

I can't find that in SwiftKey. Is it somewhere I don't see? I think SwiftKey corrects better and I can type faster and more accurate but I miss that feature.

Also, SwiftKey Users, what do you have the space bar set to do?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-11-2015 10:43 PM
    I'm no expert, but I've been using SwiftKey for a long time and do not think it has that feature - but, of course, I could be wrong. Perhaps someone else will be more apt at answering that question for you!

I'm a boring individual and just use my space bar for spaces, haha. What do you have your space bar set to do?
    10-11-2015 11:07 PM
    I'm no expert, but I've been using SwiftKey for a long time and do not think it has that feature - but, of course, I could be wrong. Perhaps someone else will be more apt at answering that question for you!

I'm a boring individual and just use my space bar for spaces, haha. What do you have your space bar set to do?
    Thanks, the default is complete current word but other options are always insert prediction and always insert a space. Mine is default. The Samsung keyboard doesn't give you options, just prediction on or off.

10-11-2015 11:10 PM
    I noticed in the settings of language and input that when you select Swiftkey, there is option for personal dictionary but it doesn't seem to work when I've put some in.

10-12-2015 12:22 AM
    I use the spacebar to "always insert a prediciton". I'm always glancing at the predicted word and when it's a long one, it's much easier for me to hit the spacebar than moving up to the predicted word to press it.

I too would like to know about shortcuts for entering text automatically. Blackberry allowed this and I used it quite a bit. I'm actually surprised Android doesn't have this OR that I have never run across it. Next research subject for me.

UPDATED....

Quick search and I see this:

(Note: These steps work only with the stock Android keyboard. Tap Settings, Language & input, and make sure Google Keyboard is selected under the Keyboard & Input Methods heading.)

SO, it appears it won't work on Swiftkey. I might switch to the stock keyboard to give it a try but keep up my research. Maybe Swiftkey will offer this feature soon.
    10-12-2015 07:41 AM
    I use the spacebar to "always insert a prediciton". I'm always glancing at the predicted word and when it's a long one, it's much easier for me to hit the spacebar than moving up to the predicted word to press it.

I too would like to know about shortcuts for entering text automatically. Blackberry allowed this and I used it quite a bit. I'm actually surprised Android doesn't have this OR that I have never run across it. Next research subject for me.

UPDATED....

Quick search and I see this:

(Note: These steps work only with the stock Android keyboard. Tap Settings, Language & input, and make sure Google Keyboard is selected under the Keyboard & Input Methods heading.)

SO, it appears it won't work on Swiftkey. I might switch to the stock keyboard to give it a try but keep up my research. Maybe Swiftkey will offer this feature soon.
    You are correct, it will work on Google Keyboard AND it will also work on the Samsung keyboard.
    10-12-2015 09:10 AM
    Try downloading the new SwiftKey Neural

Posted via the Android Central App - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    10-15-2015 11:55 AM
    Try downloading the new SwiftKey Neural

Posted via the Android Central App - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    I have and it's amazing. I should have updated this thread. Thanks for doing so.

Here is a link to their announcement about Neural

https://blog.swiftkey.com/neural-net...mobile-typing/

10-15-2015 11:57 AM