when pressing the mic button in navigation, why does it say "sending audio to [********@gmail.com]"?

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
when pressing the mic button in navigation, why does it say "sending audio to [********@gmail.com]"?

when pressing the mic button in navigation, why does it say
"sending audio to [**************@gmail.com]" on the bottom?
(the "********@gmail being my actual email address)

It's been a while since I've used Google navigation app. I'm
currently on a mini roadtrip and saw this thing. Is this new?
Where is it sending "audio" to? :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: when pressing the mic button in navigation, why does it say "sending audio to [********@gmail.co

Huh... I just noticed that too haha. I guess I never press the mic button while navigating. Although, now that you mention it, I don't even remember having that mic button up there while navigating haha.

Alas, it changes depending on which account you're signed into, so I'm guessing that's what it means. For search history and Google Now recommendations and stuff.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: when pressing the mic button in navigation, why does it say "sending audio to [********@gmail.co

Huh... I just noticed that too haha. I guess I never press the mic button while navigating. Although, now that you mention it, I don't even remember having that mic button up there while navigating haha.

Alas, it changes depending on which account you're signed into, so I'm guessing that's what it means. For search history and Google Now recommendations and stuff.

what I'm confused is the sending audio part.... there is no audio being sent to my email acct, at least I don't see it in my account. :) unless the audio is being sent to Google for them to analyze my speech or something? :(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

That's what (I think) it means: The audio is being sent to Google's serves to your 'account' (because that's where all your Google stuff resides) to analyze speech, get historic data for later suggestions in Google Now (if you've enabled it), etc.

You won't see an actual audio file being sent to your GMail account. Bad wording on Google, perhaps. You should submit that as Feedback, maybe they'll either re-word that or just remove the message.