Samsung Pay for Verizon Note5 available in play store

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I still don't have a system update from Verizon to activate it. What the hell?

Posted via the Android Central App

Seriously , am I missing something. I haven't had a system update since the day I got the phone (9/25). And I've been checking the Play Store for the app and it's only when I click the link one of our fine breatheren gave that I find it. Then it says that it isn't available on my provider (Verizon).

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Seriously , am I missing something. I haven't had a system update since the day I got the phone (9/25). And I've been checking the Play Store for the app and it's only when I click the link one of our fine breatheren gave that I find it. Then it says that it isn't available on my provider (Verizon).

I just search for Samsung Pay and it's a long way down the list.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

Same for me. Won't install and I haven't gotten an update from Verizon so I call BS on all of it.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Does the thumbprint activation work? I would doubt it will actually work at a terminal because the necessary Framework is what is being updated by the OTA Verizon patch. But if you actually have it successfully making purchases with a Note 5 I am obviously incorrect.

Like I said my bank card isn't supported yet so I'm not sure if it actually functions yet but it let me install the app and log in using my Samsung account, now just the wait for my bank card to work with it.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded it, and both my debit (PNC) and Capitol One credit card says they are not yet supported. I know on my Android Pay they both work, anybody have these issues?

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
App installed with no trouble, thanks to the link posted. Prompted to update app, no issues. Added credit card. Successfully used app to pay. Have not received a software update from Verizon. Like the access from the lock and home screens. Also like not having to enable NFC.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I've not received the Verizon update to my N5 but it is working fine, including fingerprint authorization.

Thanks for the update. In playing around with the Play Store version of Samsung Pay I realize that the Framework is included in the download.But as someone previously mentioned if you had side loaded the Framework previously (as I did) it is not possible to remove the Framework even though you can remove the Pay app itself. So obviously, my information regarding the Framework app being in the Verizon update is incorrect.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
App installed with no trouble, thanks to the link posted. Prompted to update app, no issues. Added credit card. Successfully used app to pay. Have not received a software update from Verizon. Like the access from the lock and home screens. Also like not having to enable NFC.

Link doesn't work for me

metropolitim

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's the kick in the @$$ for me. I knew that Chase wasn't supported yet, so nbd, I'll wait, but otherwise, I wasn't watching too closely for what working and what wasn't. I frankly wasn't expecting it to show up anywhere near this soon.

It turns out that Samsung Pay doesn't work with Wells Fargo (yet -- apparently coming soon)...but Android Pay does, and that's my only non-Chase credit card. So even though I now, at long last, have Sammy Pay, I'm still having to use Android Pay!

If there were a face-palm emoji, I'd be using it here.

In the meantime, I can offer another confirmation that the app downloads and installs just fine on a VZW phone that hasn't received the OTA update.

In addition to the sideloading warning, though, I think it's especially important to doublecheck that everything pertinent has been left alone by Package Disabler Pro. For all the issues that have been fixed by turning a lot of stuff off, I've found that a number of issues I've had have been fixed by turning stuff back on. :)

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This is what I see every time I've brought up the link one here for Samsung pay. When I search myself it just isn't there. How is it there and installable for most folks but not for some of us?

Attachments

• 1135.jpg
    1135.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 161

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
If I search I cant pull it up on my phone or on my web browser and when I click the link it says "requested URL not found on server"

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
If I search I cant pull it up on my phone or on my web browser and when I click the link it says "requested URL not found on server"

earlier today, the link worked fine for me... (except on my Note 5, it just says not available for my carrier, Verizon)

when I click on it now, the page won't come up on my computer or my Note 5... or any other device.

I'm guessing Samsung or Google took it down? :(

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong, but if your Verizon note 5 isn't on this latest version(pictured), then I'm not sure you will be able to install the Samsung Pay app. But i haven't checked with anyone to confirm that, but When I search the way I initially found it, I can't see it anymore, but when I click all the links in this thread they work and the app is there. I'm also seeing reports that the app goes live on the 20th so maybe wait one more day.

Attachments

• 1445244425705.jpg
    1445244425705.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 70