Samsung Pay for Verizon Note5 available in play store

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I vote for sacrificing an I Phone ! Updated software through Verizon, finally found the Samsung Pay app, but it says "not compatible with this phone", this phone being a beautiful brand new gorgeous Note 5 which happens to be on a network like Verizon........

Arrghhh!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
The app that was in the store over the weekend worked fine on my Verizon Note 5, UNTIL Verizon pushed an update. That broke the version of S-Pay that I had downloaded. After the Verizon update I went to the play store and found S-Pay in the store under My Apps All and it stated it was not compatible with this device. This morning I found the App in the store saying the same thing. Went back and searched again this time it listed it with Uninstall or Open. I decided to Uninstall and then Install it. I had to re-enter my cards and will check later today to see if it will all me to make a purchase.

All this hassle could have been avoided if Verizon had not removed the app to begin with. This is a good example of why carriers should not be allowed to mess with the software and features of our phones.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Found it this morning and installed but I am not able to sign in with my Samsung account. It just doesn't get passed that part. I'll keep trying through the day.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I waited until last night to pull the trigger - around 10pm EST. I had just read in some article that Verizon released an update for Samsung Pay. The app install and Verizon update was flawless and I got up/running immediately.

One observation: the update downloaded in a reasonable time, but whatever that update did besides enable Samsung Pay, it took some doing. The install of the downloaded package took 5-10 minutes!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I waited until last night to pull the trigger - around 10pm EST. I had just read in some article that Verizon released an update for Samsung Pay. The app install and Verizon update was flawless and I got up/running immediately.

One observation: the update downloaded in a reasonable time, but whatever that update did besides enable Samsung Pay, it took some doing. The install of the downloaded package took 5-10 minutes!!
That depends on your download speeds... Mine took like half a minute.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
That depends on your download speeds... Mine took like half a minute.

it just occurred to me that I didn't get any updates because none of my four Verizon Note 5 phones are using Verizon SIM cards. I have AT&T SIM cards in all of them at the moment. Is there another way to do the update without having to get activated Verizon SIM cards?

with previous Samsung phones, I could just plug the phone into my computer and fire up KIES to update.(which I did with old Verizon phones ranging from the S5 to the Note 4). However, KIES is not reporting any available updates for Verizon Note 5 right now. :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried on my note 5, but there is usually a software updater (not kies) that I have used on older Samsung phones. Otherwise,you can go to a Samsung support Center or Samsung within best buy to get the update.

A Verizon corporate store could do it...but most likely won't.

Larylicious

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You can update, but it's a bit ugly... You have to download Verizon "software upgrade assistant." Or, if you plug your phone into a computer, a drive should pop up as a cd drive that contains the software also (I'm using Win10, not sure on any other OS).
Once you install all of the Verizon crapware, you'll get a prompt to update the software on your phone.
-> I successfully did this on a S6e+ using a T-Mo sim... I haven't tried getting Samsung Pay on this though.

slevin19

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I was very excited once I saw the news this morning that it was available. I downloaded the available Verizon software update and then downloaded the "Samsung Pay" app from the Google Play store.

However, after launching it, I get this very scary notification:

Samsung Pay

Install an update to this existing application?
Your existing data will not be lost. The updated application will have access to:

directly call phone numbers

read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
receive text messages
send text messages

take pictures or videos

modify or delete the contents of your SD card

find accounts on this device

Access the SIM card
change network connectivitiy
control Near Field Communication
receive data from internet
view WiFi connections

retrieve running apps
run at startup

draw over other apps

control vibration
prevent phone from sleeping

expand/collapse status bar

Act as FIDO client

This application can access MDM content providers

Installing this to me seems blatantly dangerous (especially the 1st 7 items in italics in the list above). Did anyone else get this warning?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It uses that to take pictures of your credit cards to.setup the app. It uses sms to notify you every time your card is used, it stores the tokenized card data so it has to access storage and it has to have access to your accounts to verify you are the valid cardholder based on you fingerprint or paascode.

lmb02

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Does Samsung still have the offer for free wireless charger for the late Verizon users who register a card to Samsung Pay?

That expired on 11 October 2015, although you will see it in Samsung Pay's Notifications.

Excellent timing, Verizon. Always on top of things, always keeping up.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
How disappointed I am. Downloaded and tried to add 4 cards. 1 visa from rei/us bank. Chase visa, usaa atm visa, discover card. It won't accept any of them.
Oh well. It's useless for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It finally showed up in my play store search but it states it is not available in my country (US of A) or on my carrier. I did the Verizon update last night so all should be well there. Anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• 1177.jpg
    1177.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 57

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Found it this morning and installed but I am not able to sign in with my Samsung account. It just doesn't get passed that part. I'll keep trying through the day.

Are you using package disabler? That might be the problem if you are.

GrungyNA

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I made several purchases today. The POS on two occasions said card reader error but the transaction completed properly about a second later.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I didn't mention that AND the fact that I figured it could cause issues. So before I got the app I not only enabled everything, I also removed Disabler Pro. I started another thread about this and up to now I have no idea why no Samsung app (Milk and Pay) are not signing in. I can sign in on the website so I know it's not my credentials.

Are you using package disabler? That might be the problem if you are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87