So never give everyone in your close contacts one heck of a scare!

My Note 5 had about 20% battery left, and in order to save battery while searching between Metro and Bus connections, I accidentally must have hit the SOS feature 3 times and it sent out the warning distress call to my relatives! If you don't know what that is, it is a new feature you set up under Privacy and Safety. You set it up with your main 4 contacts and if there is an emergency, you hit the power button 3 times in a row. Your phone sends out a 10 second audio and video clip, your last know GPS location, and it does not send the information once, it sends it 3 times!

My boyfriend and his brother both called 911. Within about 10 minutes, the Metro app I was using left me with about 2% battery left. No back-up charger, no wall outlet while standing at the metro rail, just only the option to shut off my phone. I was off the grid! No phone for about an hour. The longest ever!

So miss my Note 4 now! Battery was way better, anyways, So when all was said and done, by the time I got to where I was heading with a wall outlet, I had 15 missed calls, 22 text, and my boyfriend was literally at my last location at the Metro rail looking for me! I was so embarrassed. Even my sister-in-law in Vegas got an alert, because she was one of my contacts, and she called all my friends here in L.A.

So my question is:

"Is there a time delay between the power button being hit in succession for it to send out the SOS messages?"

I Never hit it back to back at all. And the phone was in my hand the entire time. I was only powering it on to look at the rail times and then powered it off. Probably within 3 minute intervals. Anyone else do this too?
    11-01-2015 01:17 AM
    You can turn off the feature but as far as I know you can't delay the SOS message. I would think it would defeat the purpose.

IMO it's pretty damn hard to hit the power button 3 times accidentally.
    11-01-2015 03:10 AM
    You can turn off the feature but as far as I know you can't delay the SOS message. I would think it would defeat the purpose.

IMO it's pretty damn hard to hit the power button 3 times accidentally.
    I thought so, too, until I sent so many false alarms to my wife with my Note 4 that I ended up turning off this feature.

I don't plan on enabling it on my 5, either.
    11-01-2015 05:28 AM
    mercy.
    11-01-2015 06:19 AM
    Turn off the SOS feature. I don't have it on.
    11-01-2015 07:34 AM
    I have mine on. The only contact is my husband. We have a rule. If he gets the sos message, he will immediately call me. No answer (without auto reject message) or no call back in 1 minute, he's sending out the troops. I have never accidentally set it off with the 4 or 5. We each have jobs where our phones are always on and available for use. If by the rare chance I cant answer, I have the quick messages to reject the call. The first message on mine is "I'm ok".

I find that to be a very useful feature. As long as u can reach your phone, help is only 3 quick clicks away. No need to unlock, dial, send...

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2015 08:23 AM
    I have accidentally sent it before. I just shut it off after that
    11-01-2015 09:59 AM